• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:10 AM

Introducing our new J-79 exhaust fan/flame holder thetas being added to all of our Super Sets and individual engine sets.   No longer will you have to use the  existing kit parts to complete our exhaust sets.  IF you have already purchased sets either individually or as part of a Super Set,   we will supply these free of charge to you on your next order or as a special order if you pay for the shipping.  There is no price increase for adding this part to the engine sets.   Please mention you want these included and how many sets you need with your next order.

DSCN5707_zpsfpbq28yy.jpg

The J-79 Long Exhaust Set

DSCN5706_zpswm5lchfw.jpg

DSCN5709_zpsejo9ghum.jpg

The J-79 Sort Exhaust Set

DSCN5711_zpsmrkh2iod.jpg

DSCN5712_zps4ra6iz1h.jpg

Prices are still the same,  $25 per set.

Thanks again for your support,

Gary

• Menelaos and harvey like this

Many Thanks, Gary

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

d2b207a4-fc22-4f15-bb7e-67e423125a3e_zps

#2 phantom

phantom

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:26 AM

Gary

Are you planning any releases for the IPMS Nationals this year?

Mike

On the bench:

F-4J VF-143 Pukin Dogs

F16 Polish Air Force,

F-4 C or D Vietnam War

#3 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:41 PM

Gary

Are you planning any releases for the IPMS Nationals this year?

Mike

Yes,    It will be a C Weasel set for the Tamiya F-4C/D/kit.   Complete cockpit, exhaust set,  C Weasel antennas,   AGM-45 and LAU-34 launchers w/ decal,  AIM-9E2 w/Decals, and Aitrframe decal for Kadena and Nellis from the Linebacker I & II period.   There will 50 made for sale so it is a limited edition.    I will have more info to release in the next two weeks.

Thanks for your interest,

Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#4 Pavel

Pavel

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

Yes,    It will be a C Weasel set for the Tamiya F-4C/D/kit.   Complete cockpit, exhaust set,  C Weasel antennas,   AGM-45 and LAU-34 launchers w/ decal,  AIM-9E2 w/Decals, and Aitrframe decal for Kadena and Nellis from the Linebacker I & II period.   There will 50 made for sale so it is a limited edition.    I will have more info to release in the next two weeks.

Thanks for your interest,

Gary

Great Gary

Will take all the sets you mention above. Put me down for them. F-4C Weasel set is something different .... Great choice!

Pavel

#5 jcunny

jcunny

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

Gary,

Do you have any pics of how they long ones look once installed on the Tamy F-4J kit?  These look promising, but have been burned by Aires in the past...

Thanks,

JC

Austin, Tx

#6 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

Hey JC,  Thanks for the question.   I will have to take some picture as I don’t have any of the Long nozzle installed in the Tamiya.  Here are some photos showing the short nozzle as compared to the Brassin exhaust.   I would guess you issue is with the diameter, and the aires being too small.  the Brassin is large but still a bit smaller than ours.   At least this will give you an ideas of the difference, as both our long and short nozzles are the same diameter and use the same burner tube.  I will still get some of the long ones and post as I am sure others may have this question as well.

DSCN4058_zps6e52528f.jpg

DSCN4060_zps57c93779.jpg

DSCN4062_zps1fdbb78d.jpg

Thanks for you interest,

Gary

• Harold likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

#7 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

Sorry to take so long,  But here are pictures of the Long Exhaust nozzle we produce.   Ours is in Gray.   The cream is a CE  and is the same undersized as Brassin,  Aries, and others I have tried over the years.  Hope this helps.

DSCN5735_zpsiqxph0fd.jpg

DSCN5736_zpsw86pc176.jpg

DSCN5737_zpszpszka19.jpg

DSCN5738_zpshgwtl1df.jpg

DSCN5739_zpsn3usxtoo.jpg

DSCN5740_zpsyj8acqu0.jpg

Here is the Revell set, with contrasting Afterburner tube colors.   Notice the flame holder details and the igniter on the bottom of the engine.

DSCN5804_zpsb9xcaorj.jpg

thanks again for the question, hope this helps.  

Gary

• Menelaos and Luca like this

Many Thanks, Gary

#8 Eli Raphael

Eli Raphael

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

Phantastic!

Eli Raphael
www.zotzdecals.net

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."

#9 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,417 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

Looks great!   You can really see the size difference

#10 phantomdriver

phantomdriver

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

Gary,

I just got a set, but there is no indication of how much of the casting blocks to remove, any possibility of a modified photo of the part, with a cutting line?

I'm loathed to  start cutting, as it's none too clear

#11 TBC

TBC

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:17 PM

Gary,

I just got a set, but there is no indication of how much of the casting blocks to remove, any possibility of a modified photo of the part, with a cutting line?

I'm loathed to  start cutting, as it's none too clear

PhantomDriver,

I just received GT's long J-79 set for my Revell kit and have severed the exhaust nozzle and burner cans from their respective casting blocks. As per Gary's instructions enclosed within, I used my razor (jewellers) saw to sever the burner can from the casting block by cutting right next to the casting block. I cut around the circumference by continually rotating slowly  - no problems - and then flat sanded the edge to clean it up a bit. I used my RB Productions micro saw blades (these go in my Excel blade handle) to sever the exhaust nozzle in the same manner as above. I opted for the micro saw blades as the nozzles are more delicate. Basically, if you go right along the casting blocks and take your time you'll be fine. I have not tried to fit them to the kit as a section of the flat underside of the Revell kit will have to be removed to accept the burner cans, and this hasn't been done yet. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tom

#12 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

PhantomDriver,

I just received GT's long J-79 set for my Revell kit and have severed the exhaust nozzle and burner cans from their respective casting blocks. As per Gary's instructions enclosed within, I used my razor (jewellers) saw to sever the burner can from the casting block by cutting right next to the casting block. I cut around the circumference by continually rotating slowly  - no problems - and then flat sanded the edge to clean it up a bit. I used my RB Productions micro saw blades (these go in my Excel blade handle) to sever the exhaust nozzle in the same manner as above. I opted for the micro saw blades as the nozzles are more delicate. Basically, if you go right along the casting blocks and take your time you'll be fine. I have not tried to fit them to the kit as a section of the flat underside of the Revell kit will have to be removed to accept the burner cans, and this hasn't been done yet. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tom

Hey Guys,

Tom, my thanks.  I could not have said it better myself.   IF you hold the saw tight to the casting block you are int he right place.  remember to take your time and not rush

Thanks again,  Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

#13 Whitey

Whitey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:54 PM

Hi Gary,

I am about to order a set of your burner cans and exhausts for the Tamiya F-4J but can't see how you attach them to the fuselage given that they are not attached via the Tamiya attachment points.

Would you mind providing some info or diagrams about how your are fitted please?

cheers,

Peter

#14 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:58 AM

Hi Gary,

I am about to order a set of your burner cans and exhausts for the Tamiya F-4J but can't see how you attach them to the fuselage given that they are not attached via the Tamiya attachment points.

Would you mind providing some info or diagrams about how your are fitted please?

cheers,

Peter

They are made to be installed at final assembly, and simply glue to the fuselage at the rear with CA.   Since they are the right diameter, this method works great with no alignment or masking issues to deal with.

Thanks for the question and have a great day,

Gary

• Whitey likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

#15 Whitey

Whitey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:19 AM

Thanks Gary.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users