73 replies to this topic

#61 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:10 AM

Hi Gary,

Love the work you are doing, so much so that I'm now looking at converting a Revell F-4F into a F-4G!

Knowing the nose is slightly off in the Revell kit I had planned to get an AMS correction or similar. Would your Revell F-4G update still fit or would some fettling be required.

Many thanks,

Richie

PS - Will also be looking out for your slat wing conversion for my Tamiya kits when it hits the streets - great work again! 

Hey Guys,  Thanks for the kind words.   Been making last minute touch ups to the Bitburg Eagle, and getting ready to pack the Jeep.   

Richie,  The Slat wing set will be out at the show, but I did not make that many separate kits to start with.   To answer you question on if my “G” kit will fit the AMS nose, I have not tried it so I cannot say.  What I can tell you is that it is made to fit the kit parts, and I would bet good money that Harold did not keep the same shape when he made the revised nose.

Why don’t you just build the “G” on the Tamiya kit and be done with it?  You get a better kit with fewer errors, and my kit comes with the Wings and the option of with or with out the Center line drop tank.   By the time you buy the AMS nose, metal landing gear to keep it up,  intakes, etc, you rate better off with the Tamiya to start with,

Just my opinion, and no offense to the Revell guys.   I just have my favorites too like the rest of you.

Thanks for the support,

Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#62 kap64

kap64

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

Hello, question for you. Do you have or will you eventually have the parts to make an Israeli F-4 Kurnass and the external parts to make a F-4S out of Tamiya kits? Thanks.

#63 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:29 AM

What are you looking for with a Kurnass and the F-4S?  

Lets take the “S” first:  The slat wings are bing released at the show for the E/F.   the big dif. is the length of the strake, which you can scratch build based on the ones in the kit.   I do not plan to do a cockpit as Aires mass a beautiful one, so there is no reason of me to do so.   If I get enough requests, like say 10-15, then I would invest in having the longer “S” strake made in the PE metal and offering a separate kit.

For the Kurnass, Yes and the big items are covered with the late “E” kit release next week.   What remains is the Kurnass 2000 parts like the IFF probe, and other cockpit mods, missile rails, etc.   The long answer is yes I pan to offer it but initially it will be the “E” kit and the IFF for now.   The 2000 is later down the road.    I have to get the Recce and the F-4B out, along with F-4 engines ( both versions ) and some F-15/F-16 pratt exhaust w/T feathers.   I will take a look at it and see what is involved, maybe I can get it done quickly.    Nothing like a definite maybe of sure!

Keep firing away and bugging me, as I am sincere in that I am doing this for you guys.

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#64 RichieB

RichieB

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

Thanks Gary,

Yeah, I'm sort of coming to the same opinion!

However, I have 2 Revell kits in the stash and need an excuse to glue them into submission.

Regards 

Richie B

More kits than sense.

#65 Harold

Harold

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hey Guys,  Thanks for the kind words.   Been making last minute touch ups to the Bitburg Eagle, and getting ready to pack the Jeep.   

Richie,  The Slat wing set will be out at the show, but I did not make that many separate kits to start with.   To answer you question on if my “G” kit will fit the AMS nose, I have not tried it so I cannot say.  What I can tell you is that it is made to fit the kit parts, and I would bet good money that Harold did not keep the same shape when he made the revised nose.

Why don’t you just build the “G” on the Tamiya kit and be done with it?  You get a better kit with fewer errors, and my kit comes with the Wings and the option of with or with out the Center line drop tank.   By the time you buy the AMS nose, metal landing gear to keep it up,  intakes, etc, you rate better off with the Tamiya to start with,

Just my opinion, and no offense to the Revell guys.   I just have my favorites too like the rest of you.

Thanks for the support,

Gary

The "E" nose I did, was based on the Tamiya plastic with it re-contoured to fit the Revell fuselage. 

#66 Ben Brown

Ben Brown

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hi Gary,

Regarding the F-4S, the wing fences were not the only differences. The slats' profiles compared to the Air Force version were very different. Also, the one of those two vents that are outboard of both sides of the nose gear well is different from the F-4J. I don't have the F-4J kit, so I don't know if it includes all of the antenna fairings found on the S. I shot some walk arounds of an F-4S, and I also have a bunch of photos to compare the differences between the Air Force and Navy slats. For some reason, this forum no longer allows me to past links or insert photos. I can't even quote someone from a previous thread! If you (or anyone else) are interested in the photos, PM your email address to me and I'll send you the links to my DropBox folders with the photos.  

If I make it to the Nats on Friday, I'll be sure to stop by your table.

Cheers!

Ben 

#67 RichieB

RichieB

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

Thanks for the info Harold, have you any plans to get a UK distributor in the future?

Would love to make it to the Nats to see all this nice kit in person but I'm based in the UK so just get to read about it instead.

Have a great show! 

Richie B

More kits than sense.

#68 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:21 AM

Hey Guys, I have been a little out of internet communications as I don't have an air card for my PC and no wifi at the convention center.  Hard line is $100 bucks a day!

The convention is great, this is my first and I am having a ball.   The product is being very well received, not only by the modelers, but my the SR staff at Tamiy and ZM!   MR. Zoukei-mura with his staff visited out table, inspected out product, and listened to my presentation of our product and future business plans.   He is a very gracious man, as he speaks no English and all of our conversation had to be translated..    We took Photos and had a great visit! 

Ben,  I did see two of you today, so I hope one of them was you.  You should have mentioned your post. Thanks for the input, and you are so correct.  It is this kind of dialog I am hoping for in having this forum here.  When I was developing the E wing I found out first hand the differences you point out as we have an F-4S at the Aviation  Museum in Charlotte, NC.    It really caused me more grief than help me in the long run.

I did get 154 shots at the Virgina Air& Space Museum last night at the Wounded Warriors Benefit.  There is a F-4E double mig killer hinging form the ceiling that has been updated with the slat wings and the strap.  The right wing tip is balcony height and you can touch it and I got some great shots of the slats, the mechanism, etc.  I will post wen I get home. 

They also have PW10-F100 engine on display in a stand, and I took some 300 pics.

Harold, Thanks for the help.   Do you mind sending me a nose to see if it fits?

Richie,   You Really need to come next year.  There are plenty of UK folks here for the show.

Many Thanks, Gary

#69 kap64

kap64

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:31 AM

Hi Gary, you answered my questions at the show Saturday. I forgot I posted here. Looking forward to the upcoming kits.

Ken

#70 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:49 PM

Hi everyone,   All of the prepayment orders have shipped this mooring.   We will be contacting you with tracking numbers later today/tomorrow depending on your location.

I am join to continue the show prices indefinitely to purchases made directly through me.  I will be listing the items on E bay, but at a higher price reflecting the fee that E bay charges us.

Many of the details and pictures have been covered on this and other threads.  Please contact me here or Via PM with any Questions.   Pre Payment/  Show Pick-up will be available and instructions are at the end of the post.

F-4E ARN-101 Conversion Set for Tamiya   $65  

Includes Cockpit set, ARN-101 antennas, Slatted Wing Set with PE Strakes and TISEO

Wings set is engineered for correct dihedral of outer panels with full hinge detail.

F-4G Wild Weasel Conversion Set for Tamiya $90

Includes Cockpit set, Complete APR-38/47 Antenna set with PE details, Slatted Wing Set with PE Strakes, and 600 gallon high speed F-15 style CL drop tank.

Wings set is engineered for correct dihedral of outer panels with full hinge detail.

F-4G Wild Weasel Conversion Set  w/ out CL drop tank        $75 -   

Wings set is engineered for correct dihedral of outer panels with full hinge detail.Same as without the drop tank.

F-4E ARN-101 Conversion set for Revell          $25

Includes Cockpit set, ARN-101 Antenna, Correct fin cap

F-4G Conversion Set for Revell           $30

Includes Cockpit set, APR-38/47 Antenna Set w/ PE details

F-105F  Conversion set for Trumpeter F-105G kit         $50

Includes correct Ogive nose with clean nose plug, RHAW sensor, and Strike camera.   Smooth sided conversion set to replace the “G” ECM Bulges.   Corrected Fin and rudder. Corrected ventral fin.

F-4E/F Slat Wing set for Tamiya with PE details and TISEO  $40

600 Gallon Drop tanks for F-15 and F-4E/F/G     $15 each   $27 per pair.

Buyers who purchase with a F-4E ARN-101 Conversion Set for Tamiya , receive a special price of $10

NEW ITEM:   F-4 E/F/G/J/S long exhausts with burner tube and highly detailed nozzle.   $25 per set,  $20 when purchased with a Tamiya “”E ARM-101 kit” or “G Wild Weasel Kit”

F-16 PW100- F100/220/229 exhausts to go with Zactomodels beautiful new NSI intake for the Academy Kit.   $15,  $25 in pairs for the F-15 crowd.

See other posts in the our forum for details.

To  order, please send me a PM with your PayPal account email, full name, address, and phone number.   I will also take Postal MO form US customers on an individual basis,  please let me know in your PM.    I can also be contacted at garyhatherly@gmail.com

I want to thank everyone for their interest and support in making this happen in such a short period of time, in particular Don Logan and Jake MeLampy.

Thanks,  Gary & Tina,    

GT Resin Products

Many Thanks, Gary

#71 eagledocf15

eagledocf15

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

Are all of these sets still available? Thanks

#72 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:21 PM

Yes,   We are in business full time.   What are you looking for? 

Many Thanks, Gary

#73 frogman13

frogman13

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

Hi Gary,

I am in process of converting a Tamiya F4 into an RF-4.  It's on the bench and working out so far with the Avionix RF conversion nose.   I see that you have made a cockpit and maybe other parts that I could use.  How do I contact you guys at GT resin?  Also, do you have a website so I can look at your catalog?  I have other 1/32 projects in mind and could use the conversion parts.  Please no EBAY though.  I have had bad luck with them in past and will pay either cashier check or debit card.  That's the reason to contact other than EBAY.

Many Thanks,

Look forward to hear from you.

Here is my email:  seahors1@gate.net

Ed Okun

http://edokunscalemo...e.blogspot.com/

#74 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:14 PM

Hi Gary,

I am in process of converting a Tamiya F4 into an RF-4.  It's on the bench and working out so far with the Avionix RF conversion nose.   I see that you have made a cockpit and maybe other parts that I could use.  How do I contact you guys at GT resin?  Also, do you have a website so I can look at your catalog?  I have other 1/32 projects in mind and could use the conversion parts.  Please no EBAY though.  I have had bad luck with them in past and will pay either cashier check or debit card.  That's the reason to contact other than EBAY.

Many Thanks,

Look forward to hear from you.

Here is my email:  seahors1@gate.net

Ed Okun

http://edokunscalemo...e.blogspot.com/

Please see the first thread here, it is pinned and has our current price list and order info int he first box.   All of the items shown are here on the forum, you just have to look. E bay has the popular items we sell with pictures and info,  just email me with your order.

garyhatherly@gamil.com

Many Thanks, Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users