Dude..your gap filling looks like an art form!

Thanks Shaka, I'm not sure about an art form. Maybe post modernist? The trick is to use Mr Colour Thinner and a cotton bud to wipe away most of the excess Mr Surfacer. I usually turn just need to sand the final coat and it's done. It does take a bit longer but I think overall you get a better result.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

I attached the tailplanes and just need some work on the rudder before it goes on.

IMG_20160418_225912.jpg

So I finally got started on what's usually the first part of an aircraft build: the cockpit. I epoxied in the cockpit bulkhead/nose gear bay to the fuselage. 

IMG_20160418_225857.jpg

I think I'll paint and add some of the details here before I fit the lower fuselage section. 

A quick post before I head to work. I added the pedal supports last night. I managed to break one in half and it flew off into the ether. I swiped one from my second kit but I'll have to try and get a replacement for it.

IMG_20160419_234105.jpg

I'm going to add a bit of wiring since it will be quite visible  through the large canopy.

How much detail do they provide with the kit as far as the pit goes? I remember an old Wings Magazine had a feature on the Smithsonian(?) bird and there was a LOT going on in the pit.

Don