1/32 Trumpeter Me 262A-1a "Yellow 3"

Thunnus

Thanks guys!

3 days til my two week trip overseas so I've wound things down on the 262 build. One small detail that I've worked on is the wiring harness that spans from the circular tub to the wheel well sidewalls. Aires provides a little resin twig to bridge this gap but I thought it'd be more convincing to use some more wire.

IMG_2479.jpg

I picked up this guy from Ebay that was on sale for $8. This is a CMK 1/32 resin figure of Waldemar Wubke sitting in a folding chair. I thought I'd take my first stab at painting a figure. Figures are a whole different thing of which I know nothing about, so I'm just kind of winging it and seeing how it goes. The chair was a bit of a challenge to cobble together. Warped resin plus none-too-positive attachment points... I just had to glue one joint at a time and hoped that all of the cross members would straighten each other out. Which they did, for the most part.

IMG_2478.jpg

The glued the different body parts together with CA glue and smoothed out the joints with some putty. The figure was then primed it and I've just started painting by spraying the pants intermediate blue. Prior to that, I painted the chair frame tan and then brushed some dark brown and red oil paints on it to simulate wood grain. I'll let that dry before painting the canvas part.

IMG_2480.jpg

I thought it'd be easier to paint the head by itself so I've not attached it yet. The head was painted with Tamiya and Gunze acrylics. Dry-brushing doesn't work very well at this small size so to smooth out the shading transitions, I used a brush dabbed with some color and iso alcohol to perform the blending. After painting, the head as given a spritz of flat to knock down the shiny pink skin.

IMG_2481.jpg

Head on a stick... looks kinda zombie-ish. Hopefully, it'll look more human once I finish painting the body and I stick the head on.

IMG_2482.jpg

Edited by Thunnus

Thanks Gaz!

Here's the completed chair. I used the Silhouette Portrait for the US Army stencil.

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2496.jpg

And the completed figure in the chair.

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2498.jpg

That's it for me for while. Leaving tomorrow on an overseas trip. Will resume the build when I get back!

Edited by Thunnus