Kayaba KA-1/or-2

Gotta go and figure out how to shut this machine off now, I'll post some pics when I figure out how. :ph34r: Later! Russ

Top left of the screen is the little Apple. Click on it and select 'Shut Down'. That's the trouble with these Macs... Everything is so deceptively simple! <_< Congrats on the iMac! I have one of the 24" jobbies too (one of many Macs I own) and love it!

PS unless you plan on being away from the computer for 12 hours or more, just put it to sleep. Same menu.

Hey buddy, welcome in the club of "those-who-have-forgotten-about-reboot-and-system-error-messages" :ph34r:

Just to soothe you up, my 21 year-old daughter, with normal hi-tech eduction for her age, has not yet figured out how to shut down my Imac, 3 years after the first one arrived home... <_<

But I can't see myself ever going back to any other type of "compooter".

Hubert.

Congrats on your new computer Russ! Just give me, Dave or Charlie Metz a holler if you have any questions, issues or problems. I do Mac IT support as part of my job (among a zillion other hats I get to wear), so please, speak to one of the other two! Nah, just funnin' ya...

Apologies for dobbing you in Charlie!

Kev

Testing,...testing, this is only a test. :rolleyes: Got my plans enlarged today and I'm going to try and get an image on here. Whoa, this is different! :rolleyes:

Okay, this a pic of the metal figure that comes in the Hasegawa Ki-61 to scale this contraption out with. Lemme see if I can press the right buttons here;

post-4413-1243500194.jpg

Wheeeeew! Nothing caught on fire, or blew up. :rolleyes: This new computer is so easy..it's hard? (if that makes any sense :rolleyes: ) When I first joined a year ago, I had never even taken a digital pic. Look at me Ma, I'm posting on a Mac! Whoohoo! I REALLY need to look at some kind of photo editing stuff for this thing, as I don't think I have any programs for that installed? Still poking around into the corners to see what I have here, so model building time is suffering badly.

Time for some ice cream, and a break....as it's taken a lot out of me just to figure out how to post these pics. Gotta go figure out how to unplug my flash drive now without frying something. "Know what the magician knows, and it's no longer magic", eh? Time to learn some new tricks! I'm going to post another useless pic here, cuz I want to see where all the folders are I can browse to when posting. This is still a test. Whew, just barely squeezed this one on size-wise. Off to go looking for some photo editing stuff. Be back when I get things ciphered out! Later! Russ

post-4413-1243502121.jpg

Bwhahahah! I'm on a MISSION, by gollies! :rolleyes: He he. Oh yeah, I can't believe it myself....but Big Matt has convinced me that I NEED to have a guy in the cockpit looking down and off to the side and the rear-seater heaving at least one Hirhito-cocktail onto an American sub. I can see it so vividly...it must be done!

(Garn, he's such a bad influence! :rolleyes: )

P.S. I don't get off work until 11:00pm, so this is like 5:00 in the afternoon to me. :rolleyes:

Hey Russ, there's a piece of software that comes with every Mac, called iPhoto. You can configure it to launch whenever you plug your digital camera in, and it'll grab your photos for you, and allow you to do some simple editing (including cropping and resizing). It's not Photoshop, but you can create albums and slideshows and whatnot too, so it's worthwhile getting familiar with it.

Oh, and as for removing a flash drive, just drag it's icon on your desktop to the trash icon in the bottom right of your screen. The trash icon will have changed to an eject symbol, so just drop the flash drive's icon on it, and it will eject (more accurately, unmount) the drive. Then you can yank it out! Otherwise you get a "Device Removal" error, which no doubt you're already familiar with. :rolleyes:

Kev

Hey Russ, there's a piece of software that comes with every Mac, called iPhoto. You can configure it to launch whenever you plug your digital camera in, and it'll grab your photos for you, and allow you to do some simple editing (including cropping and resizing). It's not Photoshop, but you can create albums and slideshows and whatnot too, so it's worthwhile getting familiar with it.

Oh, and as for removing a flash drive, just drag it's icon on your desktop to the trash icon in the bottom right of your screen. The trash icon will have changed to an eject symbol, so just drop the flash drive's icon on it, and it will eject (more accurately, unmount) the drive. Then you can yank it out! Otherwise you get a "Device Removal" error, which no doubt you're already familiar with. :lol:

Kev

I was going to mention the iPhoto option as well, although the editing options are limited compared to Photoshop. Keep in mind that there are other options for editing software that are far less expensive than Photoshop, also. I use a program called Photo Studio which does everything I need.

As to ejecting the flash drive, you can also press the 'ctrl' button and click on the icon which brings up a contextual menu and select 'eject'. If you configure the Mighty Mouse properly in System Preferences it will 'right click' just like a PC mouse. That'll bring up that same menu.

Bwhahahah! I'm on a MISSION, by gollies! :lol: He he. Oh yeah, I can't believe it myself....but Big Matt has convinced me that I NEED to have a guy in the cockpit looking down and off to the side and the rear-seater heaving at least one Hirhito-cocktail onto an American sub. I can see it so vividly...it must be done!

(Garn, he's such a bad influence! :lol: )

I am a bad influence! That's what everyone says. Hahahaha. You gotta do it, I could see that guy hanging out the back ready to rain hell fire and damnation down on the heathens! Clear as day. Now, how to get that figure...

Not starting on the SR-71, or the B-70 until after July 1st Rigor. Even then, I'll be finishing the F5U 'pancake' first. Kinda at low tide as far as building anything that comes outta a box lately,....so, I started work on this whirly-gig at last. Been shopping and scrounging for parts, particularly some pilot figures I can use for a molotov-cocktail party. Eureka, for I have found them!!! <_< These guys will do for a basis just dandy.

post-4413-1244375584.jpg

Never seen these before, and I got the last set available from SprueBrothers. We'll see how they turn out once I get my grubby hands and razor saw after them. heh heh.