1/32 Revell Bf 109G-10 Erla Double Chevron

Thunnus

WOW! This has to be one of the finest 109 models Ive ever seen. SO well done, congrats! 

Thank you Brian!  I appreciate the compliment but I've still got a ways to go!

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Well done John!

Kev

Thank you Kevin!

John,

Well done!

Love the paintwork & weathering.

Had been following the build.

Thanks for sharing.

Larry

Thanks for following!  I've got a couple of other LSP projects lining up so I hope you check those out as well!

As good as it gets.  Inspirational!

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you Mark.  I appreciate it!

Outstanding work! I love the finish!!

Cheers

Alan

Thank Alan!

Outstanding Gustav. Terrific camo, great, understated weathering. Congrats! This one belongs on the features pages!

Thanks Bill!  I'm still figuring out the weathering thing... so many different techniques to learn!

That's a beauty there John  :thumbsup: :clap2:

Thank you very much!

That's it - I give up!

Seriously amazing model - one of the best I've ever seen!

Thank you Matt!

Absolutely beautiful. The painting and weathering are TOP NOTCH.

Thanks a lot!

Outstanding job ! 

Thanks a lot John !

Matt

You're welcome!  I hope it was an entertaining and informative build!  I haven't seen many using the AMUR Reaver cowling so I thought it'd be good to document that part of the build for anyone interested in the AMUR Reaver stuff... it's excellent.

Another stunning build John, exceptional finish!

Regards. Andy

Thank you, Andy!  Much appreciated!

I'm no big fan of 109 but, OH my....... that's one serious you got there, perfect weathering and a Revell kit on top.

WOW,   :speak_cool:

Dan.

Thanks!  The Revell kit gets a lot of criticism but I happen to think it is a very good kit.  I liked it enough to build it twice.

Simply beautiful!

Thank you Reuben!

John, I found your build whilst researching 109's. I quickly found myself going over it time and time again for methods, thoughts and ideas. I've enjoyed every update you've done and even more the quality and approach to each stage.

The careful and detailed approach to the whole build has been inspirational. I'm already re-evaluating my own methods with this new info.

Congratulations on your build. Its truly amazing.

All the best

Aaron

John, I found your build whilst researching 109's. I quickly found myself going over it time and time again for methods, thoughts and ideas. I've enjoyed every update you've done and even more the quality and approach to each stage.

The careful and detailed approach to the whole build has been inspirational. I'm already re-evaluating my own methods with this new info.

Congratulations on your build. Its truly amazing.

All the best

Aaron

Thanks Aaron!  I always try to find on-line builds as a reference.  I really value 1st person experiences with a kit, especially if there is aftermarket stuff used.  So I've always approached my own builds with that in mind, hoping that the information I put up will be useful to someone.  So thank you for those comments!

Gorgeous, the AMUR Reaver cowl really changes the contour of the cowl for the better.

Thanks Mike!  I was really attracted to the AMUR Reaver cowling because of that potential.  But I was very nervous about implementing it because I had never sawed off significant portions of the fuselage like that.  So my approach was very careful and cautious and I think I my build posts reflect that.  I'm happy that I was able to blend the cowling in with the rest of the fuselage.

Beautifully done- Bravo. As has been said, that AMUR Cowl really changes the shape...

Thank you!  Now that the AMUR cowling is in place and I have been working with it so long, I don't really notice the differences.

Sehr schön!

Danke schon, Herr Heilig!

lovely

Thank you Mark!

Beautiful work of art.  Bravo!

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks so much Chuck! 

One aspect of this build that I forgot to mention was the valuable input that I received from LSP posters.  It was quite an educational build for me and I really appreciate the amount of expertise on this board. So thank you to all of the LSP'ers that commented and helped me along the way, especially Martinnfb, Airfixer, XOPTC, Fencer-1, Tucohoward.... thank you!

What a brilliant looking Erla, produced, Bf 109G-10 John.  Simply a superb build here. 

When the pictures came out on Hartmann's machine, I just couldn't believe it.  There was a lot of controversy surrounding the photos with some peep's indicating they were somehow fake photo right away when they were reveled. 

I recall reading about it on the Luftwaffe discussion group.  Regardless of the naysayers, the two photos look real to me.  I really enjoyed your in process build here.  Just gorgeous all the way around.  Thanks again for sharing this with all of us.     

What's up next?

Regards,

Troy