Tamiya F4U-1 Corsair 'Marines Dream' WIP.

Guest DannyVM

That is sweet, Danny!

Thank's mate for the nice comment. :speak_cool:

Niiice....I'm so itching to start mine. So I haven't even open the box, but I'm so tempted so I had to put out of reach..LOL.

Thank's, nor matter where you put it, it will hunt you my friend :whistle:  :thumbsup:

Sooo, whats stopping you ??......Harv

Haha......go Harv.....go :rofl:

Sorry for the tangent Danny...

No problem at all mate.

Just to tease you............sorry :wicked:

yesterday i finished the Corsair, so i think i can call this done. I will post some pic's in Ready for inspection section of the forum, but for now here's a couple of teaser pic's.

W8TiH3xl.jpg

DgAE1Rkl.jpg

SOazJ1sl.jpg

Propeller needs some extra care. So i will work on it today, after that i will post new pic's.

Greetz

Danny

Fantastic work, Danny! You've really set the bar high for my own take on this one. I don't like my chances! Looking forward to your RFI photos. Just post 'em at 800px or larger, so I can pinch them for the website!

Kev

Fantastic work, Danny! You've really set the bar high for my own take on this one. I don't like my chances! Looking forward to your RFI photos. Just post 'em at 800px or larger, so I can pinch them for the website!

Kev

Thank's Kev for the nice comment mate. :thumbsup:

Well, to be honest, i'm not really pleased about the end result, but, i can live with it. Yesterday i almost wasted this model because of a mishap with my airbrush. I was airbrushing the post shading on the under-side when suddenly a clunck of paint was blown out of the airbrush, splashing on the middle part aft of the exhaust stacks, due to my immediately reaction some paint poured out of the cup onto the right wing. :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2:  :BANGHEAD2: ............like you all know, Mr. Paint, cellulose based poured onto the surface, result in a immediately reaction of the surface :doh:  :oops:  So i needed to re-paint the whole surface :mental:  :mental:

After all, it's looking good, but not like i expected........glad i could end this build, i didn't wanted another disaster.

Greetz

Danny

What a modelling masterclass, I've just spent a pleasurable time reading this from start to finish, next up is to copy the whole thread as reference for my future build.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank's Dennis for your very kind comment, i'm honored. :speak_cool:

...fantastic looking Corsair.., great job dude... 

Thank's for the nice comment mate :thumbsup:

Greetz

Danny

Danny,

I can't believe that you have the same luck as I do. :BANGHEAD2:  I've done that on more then one occasion, and the mess I created was devastating. One model was saved, and unfortunately one model headed to the landfill. Now I  use the cup cap every single time. Of course the spitting issue, which I've been having of late, is much easier to fix, but still rather annoying. Still not sure why it's happening all of a sudden. 

I'm completely in awe of your incredible camo scheme and weathering. No doubt in my mind that it represents a heavily used but maintained aircraft. 

I opted for the -1A, but really need to get a -1 as well.

I'm looking forward to your Ready for Inspection pictures.

Joel

anny,

I can't believe that you have the same luck as I do.  :BANGHEAD2:  I've done that on more then one occasion, and the mess I created was devastating. One model was saved, and unfortunately one model headed to the landfill. Now I  use the cup cap every single time. Of course the spitting issue, which I've been having of late, is much easier to fix, but still rather annoying. Still not sure why it's happening all of a sudden. 

I'm completely in awe of your incredible camo scheme and weathering. No doubt in my mind that it represents a heavily used but maintained aircraft. 

I opted for the -1A, but really need to get a -1 as well.

I'm looking forward to your Ready for Inspection pictures.

Joel

Thank's Joel, for the nice comment mate. :thumbsup:

At the moment the ready for inspection photo's are online my friend.

Greetz

Danny