Tamiya F4U-1A November release

Kagemusha

http://www.hlj.com/product/TAM60325/Air Hope it has the clipped wings...

Well I guess a few out there can stop their incessant whining now!! ... I assume this is the one everyone wanted??

Not an official Tamiya announcement though, I see!! ...

Does the clipped wings mean we can build an FAA bird?

Rog :)

I clipper the wings on my Birdcage Corsair , 5 mins of work .. voila an FAA bird.. not too onerous a job

Ahhh so! ... T'was an FAA bird that Kage' was leaning toward huh? ... yeah - I can't see how a little wing-end fiddling wouldn't sort that issue out ...

IIRC Corsairs of the FAA ilk were armed, at some point, by the tried and trusted twin paired 20mm cannon ... barrels poking' out n'all.

Would that be possible with this little gull winged rendition ... or do we need yet another variant!?!?

... There goes my modeling budget. I s'pose I can sell a kidney on ebay ...

Depends ... given Tamiyas pricing point you may have to sell both and grab a second hand dialysis machine ... it might be cheaper - but no room in the budget for AM, sorry to be a downer!

I'd be surprised to see clipped wings and FAA decals in this box... I'm sure they will release a separate boxing.

Don't the original wings in the birdcage job require a separate assembly on the tips? ... I haven't opened my boxing, but I was under the impression that this was the case and it allowed for future variants off the same moulds?

Edited by Artful69

I'd be surprised to see clipped wings and FAA decals in this box... I'm sure they will release a separate boxing.

No doubt you'll be right, but I wonder how long it would be before they get around to that, still no sign of the Korean War P-51...  :tumble:

Guest Peterpools

WONDERFUL NEWS for sure. :rolleyes:

Looks like the war chest will be drained after the Corsair is available for sale

Peter

Edited by Peterpools