WNW Fe.2b "Early" WIP

Guest DannyVM

Danny,

Just found your build thread, and I'm going to be coming along for the ride. While I've never been bitten by the WW1 bug as yet, I'm more then intrigued by twin boom aircraft that look like a rigging jigsaw puzzle. Not to mention the delicacies needed to mount and align that top wing.  

So I'm pulling up my chair, and enjoying the ride. :popcorn: 

Joel

Danny,

Just found your build thread, and I'm going to be coming along for the ride. While I've never been bitten by the WW1 bug as yet, I'm more then intrigued by twin boom aircraft that look like a rigging jigsaw puzzle. Not to mention the delicacies needed to mount and align that top wing.  

So I'm pulling up my chair, and enjoying the ride.  :popcorn:

Joel

Thank's Joel, for taking a seat over here. :speak_cool:

Well, i already build the Re.8 "Harry Tate" which was also a real challenge regarding the wing joint's and alignment. I think the Fee, will be the same playground. :punk:

Hopefully all go's well.

Greetz

Danny

Hi folk's,

time to get started on this wooden wonder. Today i added two new colors to my woodgrain color chart. 

Those are the two at the right side.

QMmPtnrh.jpg

Reason for this : i wasn't happy with the colors i had, so i made two new ones based on a yellow base coat. For the base coat i used Tamiya XF-3 and regarding the oil colors i used Raw Umber and Burnt Umber.

8DyKECFh.jpg

First thing to do, a black primer coat to the part's.

7OEPB7Nh.jpg

Second, the part's that needed the woodgrain color where first painted in XF-3 Yellow.

zNY4GqLh.jpg

The gondola insides where all painted in their colors. Paint's used are : XF-3 Yellow, X-32 Titanium Silver and Mr. Paint clear doped linnen.

nTfbjo6h.jpg

Also, fuel tank, pilot's seat and some details where painted with X-32 Titanium Silver.

RbNBN9Qh.jpg

For the woodgrain i used the same technique as i did with my two previous WNW build's. I choosed the XF-3 + Burnt Umber combination.

c6DJghWh.jpg

With this technique there are many color variations that can be achieved, just by the use of more or less clean brushes.

Here you can see two different woodgrain textures with the same paint.

kCOCLReh.jpg

Gondola 

XLNlHWPh.jpg

uWdH78Hh.jpg

RmGi5oJh.jpg

And some other part's

MXEupZgh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Guest Peterpools

Danny

Looks fantastic and of course I will be only "borrowing" your technique down the road.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Danny,

I've still never attempted WNW kit or any bi-plane for that matter, but you guys are really making me want to give it a "go".

Your wood graining really looks easy enough for a newbie, and the results are simply fantastic looking.

Joel

Getting very close to wood graining a bunch of Camel bits so thank-you for the tutorial. It'll be my first attempt at painting wood so great timing on your post!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

Excellent choice! 

Thank's Tim. :speak_cool:

Excellent wood grain effects, Danny! Very impressive indeed.

Kev

Thank's Kev. :speak_cool:

And a very simple technique that everybody can use.

Gorgeous woodgrain - lovely technique

Torben 

Thank's Torben. :speak_cool:

Danny,

I've still never attempted WNW kit or any bi-plane for that matter, but you guys are really making me want to give it a "go".

Your wood graining really looks easy enough for a newbie, and the results are simply fantastic looking.

Joel

Thank's Joel :speak_cool:

If you are interested in W.W.1 subjects, you surely have to build a WNW kit Joel. They are just jewels to build and they look great inside your display case.

About the woodgrain : yes it is very easy. You just have to follow some rules down the road, and your of to go with a stunning end result.

Getting very close to wood graining a bunch of Camel bits so thank-you for the tutorial. It'll be my first attempt at painting wood so great timing on your post!

Cheers,

Wolf 

Thank's Wolf. :speak_cool:

Succes mate with the Camels, i'm looking forward to see some photo's of your project.

Very nice start!

Thank's Ron. :speak_cool:

Great subject Danny. Looking forward to another wonderful build.

Thank's Peter :speak_cool:  Still a long way to go mate.

Greetz

Danny