P-47 D "Nu guts, no glory"

Chris/Germany

Ahhh. Beeeoootiful!

What will you use for the NMF? And have you found decals for this ship? I've been looking for ages and will probably make some when I get my custom decal feet on. What are you goin to do for the nose art?

Cheers~

Chris, for the NMF I´ll do the same like I did with "Ernestyne"..( pics of her are sent to Brad)......after tryin different modes I get the best result with the following: after preparing the models surface the normal way you need to do for NMF i give her a few coats of pretty normal silver-colours from spray-cans I get in a Paint-store, I use three different shades out of the "mercedes" collection. bright, middle and dark. After each coat you can correct mistakes on the surface and mask some panels to get a real-looking result. after a coat of high gloss, right before the decals, on a few panels bare metal foil is applied, decals on her, then another coat of of high gloss. To give her the final metal look another layer of metal foil is applied partially on some panels, then the final coat of semi gloss. The layers of gloss and semi gloss on the silver color and the metal foil give a very good result ( as you will see on "Ernestyne") ´cause every layer of foil and colour get´s a special shade by every new clear lcoat and a very special and good looking "deepness". I´m for myself are absolutely satisfied with this result ( after tryin a few times a whole BareMetal job on a plane).

The decals, especially the "no gut´s, no glory"-art I will do by hand with the brush on a decal paper sheet, then apply and correct also by hand.

The nose art ( black-and-white-Checkerboards) I will do also by hand , cost´s alot more of time but the result is much better then applying some kind of decals.

Will contact you offline for some jug´s-research-question,

cheers

Chris

Chris,again,impressive jugs! I really like the electronics stuff folded in to the kit. I have a shortshot razorback fuse-portside, a smallish hole under 'pit above wing root. stbdside,larger hole on spineabout 2-3cm long1cmdeep, triangular shape. the fuse fits properly at the seams. any of you t-bolt guys can have it. mike in calif

• 5 weeks later...