4 July 1989, Russian MIG 23MF Flogger-B crash in Belgium.

Guest DannyVM

I did a little bit of work on regarding replacement of the kit nose cone. For now, i replaced the kit nose with my resin example and glued it onto the front fuselage section.

iIrb5Edh.jpg

Thing's start to look more acceptable.

hEBFHkCh.jpg

3m7RYQHh.jpg

I'm working on multiple projects at the moment, and soon i will start the Belgian Mirage V project, so the MIG will become an long term project.

Greetz

Danny

Guest Clunkmeister

Hey Danny,

I've been reading this through and I love it. All of it!   Wow!

Regarding your nosecones, have you been making copies of these? If so, I'd love to purchase one from you if possible.

Ernie

Danny

Perfect work on the nose - so nicely done

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Peter, thank's mate for the nice comment. :speak_cool:

Hey Danny,

I've been reading this through and I love it. All of it!   Wow!

Regarding your nosecones, have you been making copies of these? If so, I'd love to purchase one from you if possible.

Ernie

Thank's Ernie for the nice comment. :thumbsup:

Yes i have made them. I have one copy left i will send you a PM.

Soon i will cast some other copy's.

Hmmm, now that has a very familiar ring to it...     :whistle:

Regards Rudy.

Indeed Rudy, very familiar isn't it :thumbsup:

Greetz

Danny

Meaning it will be a Recce-bird ? In that case You will still need to find some typical "oversized" fuelbags for the bird...

Or are You going to convert it into a "BAF V"...??? (More work and You will still need those fuelbags...)

Regards Rudy.

Meaning it will be a Recce-bird ? In that case You will still need to find some typical "oversized" fuelbags for the bird...

Or are You going to convert it into a "BAF V"...??? (More work and You will still need those fuelbags...)

Regards Rudy.

Nope, no recce bird Rudy it will be the Mirage VBA BA-05 demo. No need for the big ones, i can use de small ones or a clean configuration.

Greetz

Danny

• 3 months later...
Guest Airfixer

Originally, the intake duct behind the boundary layer plate as well as the air baffles remained unpainted, only depicting the characteristic slightly translucent "RLM 02-ish" (anodised) conversion coating. Later, during maintenance or planned depot maintenance, the intake ducts either received a partial (only in case minor touch-ups were deemed adequate) or a complete repaint in a shade similar to RLM 02. On late P and MLD models you will also find complete repaints in light grey.

I'd suggest an aluminium/duraluminium base coat followed by a light, highly diluted coat of RLM 02.

4jm1wRC.jpg

HTH

Erik

Edited by Airfixer

• 3 weeks later...