P-61B Black Widow Hobby Boss

Pfuf

I almost finish a group build on Large scale modeller.
http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/460-dragon-bf-109e-3-uffz-heinz-grabow/
http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/459-eduard-bf-109e-4-wnr5344-maj-helmut-wick/
And so I start this very promissing kit I will get over to the Tomcat when the zacto intakes are ready.
So I made a start with the gunner chair lol did not notice there are two of those needed so one more to do at some detail not knowing if it is realy visible.
I made a back with Magic sculp for the first time so I think I need a bit more practice lol.
I have a question I have seen photos of the gunner seat all with out arm rest was this practice or need the arm rest to be on the seat?
DSC08174_zps6d74a5ee.jpg
Johan bos

High Johan

The P-61B Technical Manual shows the gunners compartment seat as having no arms attached to it.

I am still looking for more period photographs of the P-61A and B, as well as the C, just to confirm that the design had not changed. However, on the balance of evidence, I would say that both the gunner and radio operator compartment seat had arm rests installed.

HTH

Derek

(I had some pictures, but had trouble down loading them - It looks like arm rests were the norm. Iain, good seat references!).

Edited by Derek B

According to refs I have to hand at the mo:

P-61A and B - Pilot's seat - Warren McArthur Model 221A

P-61C - Pilot's seat - Warren McArthur Model 221B (difference being that this could be tilted back to facilitate pilot entry).

All models - Gunner's seat - Warren McArthur Model 222

F-15 - Pilots seat - Warren McArthur Model D-347

F-15 - Co-Pilots seat - Warren McArthur Model SK-2289

Haven't tried looking these refs numbers up yet to see if there's anything online specific to these seats - but above may help.

Photo ref I have of gunners seat agrees with Derek - there's a frame - but no rests as such. However I also have a photo of the same seat type in the R/O's position that shows arm rests attached to the frame - I suspect they may have been removable?

Iain

Edited by 32SIG

Guest Peterpools

Johan

Totally excited about your start and will be following with great interest.

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Thx for the information I go for the arm rest, cleaning so many little detail I think to spray a base coat of Crome so its easy to weather the floor and so on.

Johan

Hi Yesterday I finish most of the little parts for the cockpit and radar pit.
and so many parts gave it a alclad coat chrome so not all parts get weather but it easer to just spray everything in one go and some of the radar control boxes need not all to be black when I see the restoration photos of the P61.
DSC08204_zpsff95fc35.jpg
DSC08208_zps7f44be4e.jpg
DSC08211_zpsa7deb2e5.jpg
Have fun
Johan bos