32SIG/LSP Telford 2016

Royboy

Thank you for that Paul but I don't think you've answered all the points. I'm not trying to 'have a go at the EC', I'm merely thinking ahead as to possible 'hiccups' on the day and to suggest that the mechanics haven't been fully thought through.

1. the 4 bands are to be collected on the day and will not be posted out - so will there be a specific point from which these will be collected thus, hopefully, avoiding any crush or press? This in itself will lose time in the very narrow window of 45 minutes on the Saturday morning.

2. If you miss the 45 minutes , how do you bring your models in to display, as we understand members will not be allowed to carry boxes in with them through the front of house.

3. Not every Club/SIG is available for set up on the Friday

4. Are we to expect 'empty tables' over the weekend.

I merely pass on the thoughts we at Bolton IPMS, and we know a number of other Clubs too, are concerned over.

We are in touch with the EC over these and other points and await their response.

By the way, don't forget your IPMS membership card or you'll be treated a member of the paying public.

Regards,

Steve S.

I'll be at the Romsey stand in hall two. I might have a spare LSP depending on our display.

We are struggling with the 4 band issue too. There are 7 going. It's my first time and I really don't want to miss out on the Friday experience to be honest. There not a lot else to do in central Telford on a November Friday afternoon! I'll pop by Ian.

Thank you for that Paul but I don't think you've answered all the points. I'm not trying to 'have a go at the EC', I'm merely thinking ahead as to possible 'hiccups' on the day and to suggest that the mechanics haven't been fully thought through.

1. the 4 bands are to be collected on the day and will not be posted out - so will there be a specific point from which these will be collected thus, hopefully, avoiding any crush or press? This in itself will lose time in the very narrow window of 45 minutes on the Saturday morning.

2. If you miss the 45 minutes , how do you bring your models in to display, as we understand members will not be allowed to carry boxes in with them through the front of house.

3. Not every Club/SIG is available for set up on the Friday

4. Are we to expect 'empty tables' over the weekend.

I merely pass on the thoughts we at Bolton IPMS, and we know a number of other Clubs too, are concerned over.

We are in touch with the EC over these and other points and await their response.

By the way, don't forget your IPMS membership card or you'll be treated a member of the paying public.

Regards,

Steve S.

Hi Steve,

didn't think you were 'having a go', my thoughts when I first heard about it were "bloody silly idea,

what idjit thought this up?!!"

My thoughts exactly, 'knee jerk reaction' or just maybe TIC being 'Johnny come lately' and not giving the EC

a reasonable lead time to inform the membership?

From what I read in the latest IPMS mag, and 'reading between the lines' this is TIC covering it's own behind,

from a health and safety point of view, they've done their bit so are covered if anything (heaven forbid) should go wrong.

As to the points you raise:-

1. My understanding is the wristbands will be issued to the set-up teams. Probably at the main 'desk' outside Hall 1. :hmmm:

2. Haven't a clue! Assumption! is, your expected to trust your models to whoever is on the set-up team? :shrug:

3. Guess what.............haven't a clue :shrug: 

4. Not if the EC have 'owt to do with it, if I'm any judge!

Remember 2013? there were continental traders arriving as late as 13:00 on the Saturday, due to ferry cancellations etc. 

Though I feel there'll be more than a 'few' wrinkles to iron out before 2017. :( (or should that be :popcorn:  :wicked:)

Sorry I can't be more specific, but as with the majority I'm as 'in the dark' as you.

I think for this year, it'll be 'suck it and see'!

Just remember, bring yersen, bring LOTS of brass! and a way to get the 'loot' home...............you've got THREE weeks to

think up the excuses for SWMBO! :whistle:  :wicked:

Paul 

Hi Paul,

I've done a lot of business trade shows over the years with my day job, as well as Telford as an exhibitor.

Compared to most business type shows, managing the sheer number of people coming in and out during set up at Telford must be an absolute nightmare!

This years' system makes a lot of sense to me - let's see how it goes before kicking back too much at those who's responsibility it is to ensure the show's smooth running and safety  :)

EDIT - I have allocated our four set-up bands to the usual set-up team. If you need to get models in and don't have a pass from another Club/SIG/Trader then please feel free to call me when you arrive and we'll do our best to sort something - everyone's patience appreciated!

Please PM me for mobile number  :)

Iain

On the point of lots of cash and a method of transportation home for the swag,

will my Defender 90 be big enough?............

Or is it overkill.........

Defender90 (puddin')? OVERKILL?

Personally, I'd say a 38 tonner is slight overkill,

then again, mileage may vary!!! ðŸ˜

Nice Radders.......which manufacture is that from?

Regards. Andy

Bronco 1/35th, lovely little kit. Gaps now sorted between the wings & fuselage. Although, photos show a slight gap.. but to give the model a bit more rigidity, I've milliput'd them.

Ian, I may be able to contribute. Friend at works is in the Salisbury club and is going up on the Friday for the weekend. I'll ask him if he could take one up and plonk it on the table and collect it on the Sunday. I'll ask him next week......

Steve.