Flying Leathernecks Decals FL32003 USMC F/A-18A/C in Combat

Dave Roof

Gentlemen,

After several days of moving things around, I finally got the layout of the sheet finished. However, there had to be a second sheet added to fit the rest of the markings. I'll post an image of that shortly and will have the profiles up within the next few days.

My sincere thanks to MSgt Brenner, Lt. Ward of VMFA-232, Capt. Endicott of VMFA-251, Stephen Matthews of VMFA-142, Capt Reed of VMFA-122, LtCol Jay Stout Ret. for help with VMFA-451, SSgt Stevens from MCAS Beaufort's paint barn and several Marines from the VMFA-333 Facebook page for helping me track down good photos of their jets.

The main sheet is 8.5 x 11 inches and the overflow sheet is 5.5 x 8.5 inches. Artwork will be sent to Microscale later this afternoon. Full color placement guides will include details for modeling each aircraft, as well as full ordnance load charts for each.

Retail will be $20.00

Dave - HMFIC at Flying Leathernecks

FL32003_Hornets_in_Combat_Part_I.jpg

Edited by Dave Roof

Guest Smitty44

Looks great Dave! So will you be at the Nats this year? I can see there may be a couple of sheets I must pick up. Also I was wondering, did you just do the VMGR-352 sheet in 48th? Thanks for the new stuff!  Smitty

These are not for the F/A-18E. These are F/A-18A and F/A-18C Hornets, which are done by Academy.

Ooops, sorry. :wacko: :unsure:

I'm less than a fan of Academy's armor kits. What is the comparison of the Trumpeter and Academy Hornets?

Ooops, sorry. :wacko: :unsure:

I'm less than a fan of Academy's armor kits. What is the comparison of the Trumpeter and Academy Hornets?

They can't be compared as they are completely different aircraft. Academy only does the legacy Hornets, F/A-18A, C and D while Trumpeter does the Super Hornets, F/A-18E, F and EA-18G.

Looks great Dave! So will you be at the Nats this year? I can see there may be a couple of sheets I must pick up. Also I was wondering, did you just do the VMGR-352 sheet in 48th? Thanks for the new stuff!  Smitty

Nope, not going to the Nats this year. I had planned to and even booked a room. Unfortunately, my Mom passed away in April and I'm in the middle of a separation/divorce. Any and all plans to go anywhere this year are squashed.

Yes, I released a sheet covering 1 KC-130J from VMGR-352 and 2 130J's from 252.

Profiles are done and the sheet is officially at print with Microscale. Placement guides will be done before the end of next week and the pre-order buttons will be added to my web site this weekend.

flyingleathernecksmodels.com

FL32003_Profiles_(2).jpg

Edited by Dave Roof