HK Models 1/32 Meteor Mk 4

LSP_Kevin

Guest Nigelr32

Looks really nice Kev, I love the sprue attachment points when done like this.

I did ask a question on the previous thread, are the nacelles hollow?

Looks really nice Kev, I love the sprue attachment points when done like this.

I did ask a question on the previous thread, are the nacelles hollow?

Nige, they're not hollow - there's a bulkhead with some moulded-on detail that fits inside each one, plus the wing section too. I'll show photos when I get to that stage.

Kev

Is the dihedral OK?

Sincerely,

Mark

I think it should be fine once it's all glued up Mark. It's just sitting a little flat in the photos due the wing and fuselage assemblies not being held together in any way. We shall see!

Kev

understand the IP needs a bit of help - will send you over some Early Allied Jets instruments today Kev

the Xmas post surge may be a killer so don't wait on them!

Peter

Hmm, I think I may already have a set of those lying around Peter, from an earlier review package...yep, found 'em! You're off the hook mate!

Kev

OK, a bit more progress. The cockpit tub is formed from 4 parts, and they snap together very nicely indeed:

0kp6Sd.jpg

They've had a quick coat of Tamiya Rubber Black, but need another one. I have no idea what colours to paint all the detail bits, but they're very nicely done. Any suggestions gratefully accepted!

The back of the rear bulkhead features the only exposed ejection pin marks I've come across to date:

t5Drg4.jpg

This will need to be filled, but should present no issues as the area is completely flat.

Rudder assembled:

cdSvKm.jpg

Mini-me assembled:

BF4NDp.jpg

Needs a lick of Mr. Surfacer around the wing roots, but is otherwise quite impressive for the scale. Can anyone recommend 1/144 decals to suit? Even just roundels would be fine.

Kev

Kev,

I assume you mean 1/32 roundels, not 1/144 (WAY off topic!)  I have some roundels from PCM Spit IX kits I could part with.  They're late war C types but I believe at least some Mk.4s carried those.  My PCM Spits are all Israeli so far, so I have leftovers.

Michael

Thanks Michael - I was indeed referring to the little guy however! No decals supplied for it, and I'd like to at least put roundels on it. With regard to the main event, I'm not sure what I'm going to do for markings yet. I have a test sheet of the decals that HK intend to ship with the kit, but the they're not happy with the printed colours yet. I'll have to examine them closely I guess and see if they're good enough. I'll post a photo or scan a bit later so you all can see and lend me your opinions.

Kev