Are there really Tigers in Tunisia? Completed 15/Dec/17

Gazzas

Hi everyone,

This build got put on hold while I finished my Starfighter and began work on another 1/48 scale 109.

After the basecoat, I mixed up some very thin white and misted some areas to give a little idea of fade.  Then I gave the whole thing a burnt umber filter.  After that I spent a whole day with oils in black, white, and yellow, streaking the model and adding black into recessed and shaded areas.

Then after that is the weathering killer.  Dust.  It covers everything, and can fill in recessed areas just like a pin wash.  Guys in my armor modelling club say that too little dust is better than too much for keeping the model visually interesting.

To add dust, I used a ramming method with a brush whose bristles were a little stiff from too little effort to clean it.  I would dip the bristles into my dust pigments (gray, yellow, and white blended together) and then smash the bristles into the paint.  Then I would use another brush to remove any excess.  I also used this effect on the upper and lower exhausts.  I haven't used any pigment 'fixer'.  The pigments seem quite happy to stick to the oils used in prior weathering steps.

Here are the current photos:

IMAG0303-M.jpg

IMAG0304-M.jpg

IMAG0305-M.jpg

IMAG0302-S.jpg

Now I can move on to painting all of the tools and cables.

Thanks for looking!

Gaz

Thank you Bomber!

Hi Everyone,

Only small changes since my last update.  I painted all of the tools and cables, following that up with dry brushing and spraying the model with a matte coat.  Finally I applied some metallic pigments by AK on handles and cables and some tools.  As the tank is in relatively new condition, I haven't bothered with chipping.

IMAG0333-L.jpg

IMAG0331-L.jpg

IMAG0332-M.jpg

IMAG0330-L.jpg

IMAG0328-M.jpg

IMAG0329-M.jpg

Thank you for looking!

Gaz