• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

Kev, when it's said "wings dont count", does it mean "no biplane", or just "dont try to fool us saying an airplane has 2 wings" ?

Technically, we can say most biplanes have 3 wings : 2 lower wings + 1 upper deck.

Or does it mean "it's way too controversial and intricate, so wings just dont count"?

Edited by Zero77, 02 September 2014 - 07:04 AM.

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#17 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 38,095 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

Kev, when it's said "wings dont count", does it mean "no biplane", or just "dont try to fool us saying an airplane has 2 wings" ?

Technically, we can say most biplanes have 3 wings : 2 lower wings + 1 upper deck.

Or does it mean "it's way too controversial and intricate, so wings just dont count"?

It just means that biplanes don't count unless they also have 2 seats, or engines, or tail planes. So, having 2 wings ("bi" + "plane") isn't enough by itself to qualify. This is a deliberate exclusion to keep the parameters from getting too broad, and making the theme a bit meaningless.

Kev

#18 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,526 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:26 AM

Ok, thanks ! (i'll keep my chinese Hawk III for later !)

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#19 mozart

mozart

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:03 PM

I'm in with Revell's de Havilland Tiger Moth which I'll be finishing like this one based at 28 EFTS Mt Hampden (Salisbury) S Rhodesia in 1943:

tigermothzoom.jpg

Max

Edited by mozart, 02 September 2014 - 01:05 PM.

• MARU5137 and andromeda673 like this

www.ordinarycrew.co.uk

#20 Ryan

Ryan

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

OK darn it I'm in with this....

15089559536_c6e6b14fd0_o.jpgimage by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

2 seats, 2 Engines!

Ryan

#21 andromeda673

andromeda673

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

I'm in with one of the following, I haven't fully made up my mind yet

F4 Phantom-will probably be some Vietnam era variant or Clark AFB

F-18 I'd like to do a folded wing stored build

F-14 this would work nicely with the tomcat group build on z-5, so I'd get to double dip

F-15 lower on the desire list would build one in Missouri ANG markings and put the St.Louis Blues logo on the tails like they did some time ago, I believe two bob's still has those markings available.

But regardless I'm in!!!!!!!!!!

• MARU5137 likes this

#22 mywifehatesmodels

mywifehatesmodels

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

Thanks for the info, Brad. Think I'm going to stick with WW2 VVS, though. That's an interesting scheme that I don't think I've seen before, however.  Cool!

Oh, and when you first said "Mongolian", I was thinking "Manchurian", as in something used in the final days of the war against Japan. Oops! :doh:

John

• andromeda673 likes this

#23 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

Does twin tail booms qualify? Think about single prop pushers...

- dutik

#24 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 38,095 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

Does twin tail booms qualify? Think about single prop pushers...

- dutik

Yep, sounds good to me!

Kev

#25 ScottsGT

ScottsGT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:27 PM

Can we use a build started 3 or 4 weeks back?  Or does it have to be a fresh start?  DON'T MAKE ME WHIP OUT ANOTHER F-4J KIT! LOL!!   My Blue Angels decals are wanting attention!

Edited by ScottsGT, 03 September 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#26 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 38,095 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

Can we use a build started 3 or 4 weeks back?  Or does it have to be a fresh start?  DON'T MAKE ME WHIP OUT ANOTHER F-4J KIT! LOL!!   My Blue Angels decals are wanting attention!

Scott, it just has to be less than 25% completed.

Kev

#27 ScottsGT

ScottsGT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:39 AM

Scott, it just has to be less than 25% completed.

Kev

Well, be that way then! LOL!! I'm ready for paint, so it looks like I have an excuse to get started on the Blue Angel!

#28 ollieholmes

ollieholmes

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:34 AM

Count me in with the new boxing of the Revell 1:32 Phantom. It will be built in the very nice box top scheme. After that there is a Tonka F3 conversion lurking in the stash.

• mark31 likes this

#29 SciFi58

SciFi58

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:16 AM

With the kind permission of the moderators, I would like to join with the Revell 1/32 AH-64 Apache.  Two seats, two engines.  I will be trying my hand at super detailing via scratchbuilding.  I have a few internet resources and the Verlinden Lock-On book.  My first problem to research is if the beast was O.D. as the instructions call for or Army Helo Drab.  Was one used until the other replaced it so I need t know what bird I'm modeling?  I must admit, I don't know Helos as well as I know planes -  or dragons.

• MARU5137 likes this

PCM Supermarine Spitfire Mk. IXc, Wingnut Wings AMC DH.2, Excubitor Draco (scratchbuilt 1/32 dragon)

#30 mykl8180

mykl8180

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

Well, I was just about to start working on an FW 190 when I came across this thread.  So I went and I checked the stash to see if might be able to participate in the group build without buying a new kit.  Sadly, most of what I have in the stash is single engine, single pilot.  (I guess I need to stop watching and start buying on eBay. :hmmm: )  Anyway, I did find a good one, Trumpeter's SBD, with a crew of two.  I bought the kit along with the BigEd set and decals from Yellow-Wings a few years ago.  Unfortunately, life got in the way, and I have yet to get started on it.  I'll probably also order some resin wheels to replace the rubber ones that come with the kit.  Plus, I may also order some metal landing gear as the kit will probably be decently heavy when it is built.  I'll post some progress pics once I get started.IMG_5257_zps08827f1b.jpg  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users