Would you purchase a clear resin canopy for the Bf110-G conversion set

Bill Cross

Who would buy a clear resin canopy for the Bf110-G Conversion?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Would you purchase a clear resin canopy to replace the vacuform one supplied in the kit

• Yes
    • No

I find it utterly implausible that any biggish firm would consider making AM to enhance a small firm's AM.

AIM could commission and buy a quantity of such a product from a bigger firm, but Pastor John has opted to release a vacform canopy only.

Your only viable bet is [A] a smallish outfit like Alleycat et al changing their position or HpH releasing a complete kit.

My money's on [C] Dragon, Zukei Mura, Hasegawa, Tamiya or Revell releasing an entire Bf-110 G kit, but not in my lifetime.

And, if HpH's MiG-23BN conversion is anything to go by, I'd rather see a MiG-23UB

Tony

I went down the vacform canopy road with the Large Scale Conversions/ AKA Superbug 110-G conversion, that canopy was my first attempt at vac. Canopy fitment and it failed badly. That canopy was badly made, vague framing and distorted in length and width. I ended up plunge forming a new rear canopy over the original (Dragon) kit part.... let me tell you that took all my nerve! I have since then built 3 of AIMS Ju88 kits, one a 188 conversion and looking back now I'd have given my eye teeth for his canopy on my 110

I will buy his conversion, it'll be much better than the 2nd Largescale Conversions/superbug I have in the stash (both kits came with 2 left side engines...that's odd I though?) and I'll be happy I guarantee it.... anybody want a 1/32 110G conversion with malformed vac canopy and 2 left engines?... call me