1/35 S-100 Schnellboot

jeroenpeters

I guess it's getting a bit confusing if I share all my side steps and distractions with you guys inside my U-boot Conning tower topic.

So, here's a seperate topic for the S-100. The only extra details used are Model Master barrels, a figure by Royal Model, a cotton flag and some scratch building.

Sofar I'm very impressed. Very strong, thick plastic, little flash, screws, rope, lots of PE, etc...

This thing is huge. The model is about 101 cm long. My display cabinet is 1,5 cm wider than this model....

Anyways.. I'll try to stay on course with this project!

Cheers,

Jeroen

s1001.jpg

s1002.jpg

Edited by jeroenpeters

Awesome. Have decided on a scheme yet? As seems to be typical, I have several reference books on the Schnellboote. If you need to know anything just holler; I just might be able to help out.

Awesome. Have decided on a scheme yet? As seems to be typical, I have several reference books on the Schnellboote. If you need to know anything just holler; I just might be able to help out.

Hi Kevin,

Both schemes included operated from Rotterdam, in the english channel. My father's home city.

No need lookin for alternative scheme's there! The only book I have is German S-boats by Steve Wiper.

I will definately ask you for additional reference mate!

Cheers,

Jeroen

OK Jeroen, it took me a while to get around to this, but these are two books I like the most on these boats that I have. I have a couple of others also, including the Ship Craft book you mentioned, as well as the Osprey book.

HistoireCollections.jpg

SSSchnellboot.jpg

OK Jeroen, it took me a while to get around to this, but these are two books I like the most on these boats that I have. I have a couple of others also, including the Ship Craft book you mentioned, as well as the Osprey book.

Hi Kevin,

Thanx man! I just ordered the Squadron book. How's the German E-boats in action book?

I'm reading my @ss off at the moment. It's a whole new realm of info to dive into...

It's a good thing I'm a slow builder and fast reader!

Thnx again.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Hi Kevin,

Thanx man! I just ordered the Squadron book. How's the German E-boats in action book?

I'm reading my @ss off at the moment. It's a whole new realm of info to dive into...

It's a good thing I'm a slow builder and fast reader!

Thnx again.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Typical quality of the Histoire & Collections books, it's quite spiffy in my opinion.

E-Boats in action

Typical quality of the Histoire & Collections books, it's quite spiffy in my opinion.

E-Boats in action

Hi Kevin,

I've found that the best reference for the version I'm making is the Tamiya model magazine Chris Wauchop article.

It explains what to correct, without getting all the AM available. I'm tempted BUT NOT GETTING the resin depth charges, or sea mine or Eduard or Lion Roar PE.

Only the Model Master barrels.

I've cut off and drilled out the plastic. The FLAK cannons only need the muzzles attached.

Cheers!

s1003.jpg

s1004.jpg

s1005.jpg

The MM barrels are indeed awesome. I'll be looking for a set for my type VII

Hi Kev,

After seeing the most beautiful U-boot diorama last week with two 1/350 u-boots,

I immediately bought the Revell VIIc 1/350 kit. Then I got the Eduard PE set as well.

I will be replacing the deck gun barrel with a syringe needle and the flak barrel

with some stretched Q-tip, since that's the thinnest I can get and maintain hollowness.

Sweet little kit.

I'm not sure Model Master makes barrels for your kit.

Maybe we can add a 'kit of the year' voting for aftermarket parties! I'm sure model master will

be in high ranks!

Cheers,

Jeroen

Edited by jeroenpeters

It seems you’re right about the barrels for the Type VII. I’m pretty sure somebody does them though.

You're right! I thought Voyager made them, but it's Griffon.

Here you go!

http://www.spruebrothers.com/Nexternal/172-griffon-standard-armament-scheme-detail-set-for-german-u-boat-type-vii-rev-kit-gman005.htm

Cheers,

Jeroen

• 2 weeks later...

I just became aware of this book; I had never seen it before. One more to add to the pile I guess.

Schnellboot.jpg

From Here

Regards,

Thnx Kevin,

It's out of print, but I'll find it!

Today I went to a modeling show in Germany and got lead foil to make the covers on the railings out of.

I also got a ton of ideas for future projects. And got the Griffon model update set for the Revell 1/144 U-VIIc.

Oh, and I offcourse got the Revell 1/144 UVIIc kit itself. Otherwise the update set would make not sense!

Cheers,

Jeroen

Any up dates yet? Like to see more....Harv :whistle:

Hi Harv,

Actually I am making progress. Most of the time I've spent on sanding smooth the screw covers on the hull.

Other than that, It's just an overwhelming amount of plastic.

No difficulties, jut a lot of pages in the manual to wrestle through. I'm glad I didn't get the Lion Roar or Eduard upgrade for this beast.

I'll post some pics later today!

Cheers,

Jeroen