WnW "The Duellists" Sopwith Camel F.1 and LVG C.VI

monthebiff

Andy!

How did i miss this one!

I am glad you posted the link to your work in progress so i could catch up and i am amazed at how much progress you have already done!

First thing i did was to go check the wing stubs on the LVG in the duelist set and they are okay phewww... 

The seat weathering on the tank looks very nice and the woodwork on the interior of the fuselage is top notch. Are you planning on using decals for the woodgraining on the outside of the fuselage? 

The rigging on the LVG is very straightforward, the camel is going to be a bit trickier because there is less space and double wire rigging!

Looking forward to more progress

Karim

Hi Karim,

Thanks for checking in on this one. Pretty happy with the way the internal wood work turned out, the exterior will be decaled with Uschi van der Rosten decals. Currenty I am pre-shading the fuselage in readiness , had a bit of a play with the decals to see how they perform........very thin and handle with care but looking foward to this next step. Also working on giving the wings the Aviattic treatment which I am pretty happy with so far.

Regards. Andy

Hi Karim,

Thanks for checking in on this one. Pretty happy with the way the internal wood work turned out, the exterior will be decaled with Uschi van der Rosten decals. Currenty I am pre-shading the fuselage in readiness , had a bit of a play with the decals to see how they perform........very thin and handle with care but looking foward to this next step. Also working on giving the wings the Aviattic treatment which I am pretty happy with so far.

Regards. Andy

Oh how you're going to enjoy the UVDR woodgrain decals, the are a pleasure to work with although as you said they are quite thin and fragile. I see you have succumbed as we all have to the Aviattic linen decals lol... enjoy and as Herr Baron said, keep those updates flowing my friend!

Karim

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, and just to say, YOUR idea of Out Of The Box and MY idea are vastly different.  Home made pulleys?  Rivets?   :bow:

Looks amazing!

Chris

Can't help myself Chris.......but.......they are bits from my spares box which needed a home!!

Regards. Andy

Oh how you're going to enjoy the UVDR woodgrain decals, the are a pleasure to work with although as you said they are quite thin and fragile. I see you have succumbed as we all have to the Aviattic linen decals lol... enjoy and as Herr Baron said, keep those updates flowing my friend!

Karim

Karim, really enjoy trying new technique's etc and this is a cool part of ww1 modelling as I am learning lots of new stuff.

Regards. Andy

Not a huge amount of modelling time recently with work going mad, weekend uni open day visits with my daughter and everything else but I have managed to get the Aviattic lenen on the wings now.

20170915_165944.jpg

A few lttle "rough" area's to deal with but genreally pretty happy. Also have the Uschi wood grain decals on the tail plane as well.

20170915_170009.jpg

Next up is the rib tapes, for this I have chosen Aviattic French Linen for this, just need to make sure I cut them evenly and maybe a good excuse to finally take the plunge and buy a siloette cutter!!

Thanks for checking by.

Regards. Andy

Not a huge amount of modelling time recently with work going mad, weekend uni open day visits with my daughter and everything else but I have managed to get the Aviattic lenen on the wings now.

20170915_165944.jpg

A few lttle "rough" area's to deal with but genreally pretty happy. Also have the Uschi wood grain decals on the tail plane as well.

20170915_170009.jpg

Next up is the rib tapes, for this I have chosen Aviattic French Linen for this, just need to make sure I cut them evenly and maybe a good excuse to finally take the plunge and buy a siloette cutter!!

Thanks for checking by.

Regards. Andy

That looks really good; those Aviattec lozenge decals really do add something to the kit.

Great work on the cockpit Andy! Shaping up nicely!

The lozenge decals look fantastic! Did you weathered them already or they came with that look?

Thank you Spyros, Those Aviattic lozenge decals are fantastic. They are translucent so I first sprayed Tamiya Deck Tan followed by a pre shade along the ribs, so far yet I have not weathered over the decals as I need to add the rib tapes first.

Regards. Andy