HK Models 1/32 Meteor Mk 4

LSP_Kevin

Thanks once again fellas. I'm a bit conflicted over the pitot tube, as it doesn't look great, but at the same time I don't want to keep messing with it and potentially make it worse. Besides, I need to move on to other projects soon, and this one has already served its original purpose as a review build. I have some earlier (incomplete) test shots that I'm hoping to combine with some of Paul Fisher's parts, and will use the lessons from this build on those. Can't wait for some aftermarket decal sheets to appear!

How was the undercarriage to assemble?

Assembly of the main components is pretty simple, but it does make for some awkward clean up and painting. Since all three legs are in two sections, and each section includes half the mud guard, cleaning up the resultant seam on the mud guards is a bit of a pain. Also, since the wheels have to be captured in between the two sections, they have to be painted prior, and then masked after installation so the tops of the mud guards can be painted post-clean-up.

The main issue I had though was the little X-shaped support pieces, which are asked to be installed into the wheel bays prior the main undercarriage, are quite fragile, and I had one snap in two places during handling of the model (after it was glued in place). Next time I would examine the feasibility of installing them after the main undercarriage. Should be doable.

Kev

Well folks, it's done!

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=48526

Thoroughly enjoyable build, and I reckon it's a great kit. Can be impressive straight out of the box (as I've tried to show), but also makes a great canvas for super-detailers, converters and the aftermarket guys.

Thanks everyone for following along and all your words of advice and encouragement.

Kev

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Don't know how I missed this one Kev..........looks very cool!!

Regards. Andy

Thanks, Andy! Sadly, I broke its undercarriage packing it up after its first and only competition. I was able to repair it, but it won't be coming out again. So it looks like I'll have to build another! But perhaps using the Brassin landing gear...

Kev

• 8 months later...