Ah-sooogawa Ki-43 II Oscar

I started on this one Saturday and got the wings glued and sanded. I pledge that I will not add any aftermarket or scratchbuilt parts on this kit!!!!! :( (I remember saying that about the George but this time I mean it.) This one will be a quick slam just to clear my senese of all the AMS junk thats built up over the past few months. :)

post-345-1249390287.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to admit it guys but I've thrown in the towel on this build for now. When I came home from Washington DC with tons of images from the NASM and the Udvar Hazy museum I had an unshakable urge :) . I'd seen several aircraft that were favorites but the impressive P-61 won me over. I snatched one of my four Monogram kits and was inspired to get cranking. Its already assembled and ready to paint. I wish a manufacturer like Revell would just up-scale it to go along with the Ju-88 as part of their new 1/32 line...(is anybody listening out there??? :lol: ) Its a good kit with several options, just needs some TLC. I'd share the images when its done except that I"ve crossed the line into another scale and it doesn't belong on this web page but I"ll get back in 1/32 very quickly.

Kevin, I haven't lost the urge for that Ki-43 completely. Its still sitting where I can see it and I have a creative idea for displaying it similar to what I did with the George so I"ll be back soon with the Oscar in hand. The Oscar will been seen at LSP as a completed build in 2009. Its just that I have to get this P-61 done while the fire is hot.