Another one on the airliner train...

KOTR

...does that title make any sense? Hm, don't know, but actually I don't care...

...anyways, here's my latest effort: Revell's 1/144 Airbus A320 in Aerolineas Argentinas colours, build OOB. Markings are by Draw Decals. An interesting combination of classic airliner markings and the clean,slick, almost sterile design of modern airliner liveries. Seems, as if Aerolineas Argentinas operated its two A320's only for a very brief brief period.

Personally, I'm not completely satisfied with the result, but its okay for now.

Enjoy! :)

a320arg1.jpg

a320arg2.jpg

a320arg3.jpg

a320arg4.jpg

a320arg5.jpg

a320arg6.jpg

Well, apart from the fact it would have to have been sat on a giant wooden table, It'd have been hard to tell it wasn't the real thing in a few of your shots. That's a very nice build.

Matt

Looks good to me. I've sent the link to a friend that's an airliner fanatic. In fact, I just last night found an airliner postcard of a DC-7 that I'll be giving him tomorrow.

Well, apart from the fact it would have to have been sat on a giant wooden table, It'd have been hard to tell it wasn't the real thing in a few of your shots. That's a very nice build.

Matt

Thank you, Matt! :)

Daylight certainly makes an enormous difference when taking photos! I went to our roof terrace and took the photos straight on the floor. That's the lovely wooden panels you see there ;)

I'm sure the russians living on that level had their fun watching me crawling on my knees with the camera and sticking my backside at their faces... :lol:

Well I think it looks pretty awesome ...

Good job.. :thumbsup: :yahoo:

Thanks, mate! :)

Looks good to me. I've sent the link to a friend that's an airliner fanatic. In fact, I just last night found an airliner postcard of a DC-7 that I'll be giving him tomorrow.

Thank you, Kevin. I'm sure he'll like the postcard. The DC-7 was certainly one of the most graceful birds ever in the sky.

Actually I am eyeballing a '-7 kit, but I have still four other airliner projects on the desk. I'll like to cut that to two, before I can think of adding another box to the pile :)

Looks terrific to me mate! I'd be proud of that one if it were mine. I must get me one of these kits one day.

Kev

Go for it! The kit is a real gem, though I think the A319 kits are a little better. The A320 suffer a bit from flash and warping of the fuselage. Not so visible here, but the seam on top near the tail is not really nice. The windscreen needs some filler, and other points that need attention are the vanes on the CFM engines (need to be mounted higher), and the inner struts of the main gear legs need to be shortened.

Now you know why I am not entirely satisfied, the logos on the engine pods are to low, because otherwise they would have interfered with the vane and the model only rests on the inner wheels. Also, the demarcation line for the grey belly is not exactly level and there is a too obvious seam on the leading edges. But looks okay on top of the TV... ;)

I have the Doyusha 1:100 L-1011 (my alltime favorite airliner), that I really want to trick out one of these days, probably in a Saudia scheme. (Nazca makes the decals.)

Ah, yeah, I also have a Tristar in the stash, though a slightly smaller one by Revell. I intend to do it in ATA colours. But that is one I regularly look a the plastic and stash it back again. At the moment, there is a Revell 737-800 in the painting process and a Revell/Zvezda Ilyushin Il-86 in the pre paint finishing.

And then, there are my two putty queens. An Airfix H.S. 121 Trident, where I try to get rid of the worst shape errors, and a Revell 747-400, where no part fits without some serious wrestling...

Ah, yeah, I also have a Tristar in the stash, though a slightly smaller one by Revell. I intend to do it in ATA colours. But that is one I regularly look a the plastic and stash it back again. At the moment, there is a Revell 737-800 in the painting process and a Revell/Zvezda Ilyushin Il-86 in the pre paint finishing.

And then, there are my two putty queens. An Airfix H.S. 121 Trident, where I try to get rid of the worst shape errors, and a Revell 747-400, where no part fits without some serious wrestling...

My friend will get a kick out of the Ilyushin, (he loves Russkie stuff). I've got L-1011's in 1:200, 1:144, as well as the 1:100 scale version. My biggest problem at the moment (besides time), is building a nice S duct for the No.2 engine, as it will be readily visible in this large scale.