Horse drawn Arty dio

JRutman

Started this dio a while ago and had problems with photobucket. Got the first horse almost done.

002-58.jpg

001-125.jpg

Made a new late style wheel and added the breech and muzzle covers

001-124.jpg

I guess I picked too obscure of a topic as there doesn't seem to be much interest in it. I always wanted to do it though so I will press on!

J

Edited by JRutman

Wow! How did you do the manes? Don't tell me your wife is missing halve a pony tail!

This looks great. The effect of the brush strokes on the horses skin, looks just like the real deal.

please keep this topic alive.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Wow! How did you do the manes? Don't tell me your wife is missing halve a pony tail!

This looks great. The effect of the brush strokes on the horses skin, looks just like the real deal.

please keep this topic alive.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Thanks from one J to another.

The tail and main are made with un-ravelled embroidery thread. Picked up that tip from an old Shep Paine book.A gift that keeps on giving.

The book also tipped me on the brush strokes. I used oil paint and brushed in the direction of hair growth. I went to a civil war re-enactment near here and took some good pix of horsies and that helped a lot. This first one is supposed to be a bay. The rest will be brown but I am still not completely happy with the colors.

Thanks for your comments buddy.

J

I was wondering about this the otherday,JR. Looks nice, and maybe after you'll do something USMC w/ pack howitzer?

Pack Howie,hmmmm,interesting. I think my next arty subject might be even more obscure though. I was thinking about a WWI American arty piece(75mm)with limber and team of course. I found the full plans for the limber and the harnesses but not the Mark3 style WWI horses,heehee

J

Don't tell me you scratch built a horse Jerry?

:bow:

Kev

The horses are modifies horses from an old Esci kit. I sanded off the harnesses and replaced them with lead foil so no,I didn't sculpt the horses,I'm not that good at sculpting.

J

Horse privates not to scale! :speak_cool:

Nice beginnings mate - how long has this been ongoing - i missed it first time

Ads

I have been slaving away for months on this one Ads. Actually,the old Historex horses have private parts on the sprue! In scale too!

J

I'm certainly interested in you subject Jerry! Really love this type of work. Well out of my leauge but fun to watch.

Cheers,

Don

Thanks Don,and you are no modeling slouch buddy! That PT is looking GOOD!

J