Photo

Poll: The New Wingnut Wings Announcement will be...

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Poll: WNW New Release Announcement (67 member(s) have cast votes)

What will the new WNW kit be (to be announced at Nürnberg)?

1. Fokker Dr. 1 (11 votes [16.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.42%

2. Royal Aircraft Factory BE.2 (11 votes [16.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.42%

3. Nieuport 11 Bebe (1 votes [1.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.49%

4. Fokker D VIII (3 votes [4.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.48%

5. Caudron G3/G4 (1 votes [1.49%] - View)

6. Caproni Ca.5 (2 votes [2.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.99%

7. SPAD XIII (12 votes [17.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.91%

8. Sopwith Baby (1 votes [1.49%] - View)

9. OTHER (25 votes [37.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 The Southern Bandit

The Southern Bandit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

It will probably be "other", but I'd jump on a WNW Dr.1 in a flash!

We all would be all over it and it it would be a massive seller ... I admire how WnW keep it secret until the last minute though

• Out2gtcha likes this

#47 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 21,108 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:51 PM

We all would be all over it and it it would be a massive seller ... I admire how WnW keep it secret until the last minute though

If it is a  DR.1, this is one instance where I hope Im completely wrong. 

#48 TimW

TimW

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

I voted Be-2 because....well, I hope it IS a Be-2!

Workhorse of the RFC through some of the most difficult campaigns of WWI.   Only done in 1/72 and 1/48th as far as I'm aware.  It's not like we're short of Dr. Is.

TW

• Out2gtcha likes this

#49 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 25,455 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

If it's something I really like, I'll try to get one (or more), and if I don't particularly care for it (as is the case with many of their releases), I won't bother. I'll just be hoping it's something I really like and want.

• Out2gtcha likes this

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress:

#50 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP Moderator
  • 21,108 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

If it's something I really like, I'll try to get one (or more), and if I don't particularly care for it (as is the case with many of their releases), I won't bother. I'll just be hoping it's something I really like and want.

My wallet keeps hoping its another Dolphin-esk release   :rolleyes:  (no offence to those who like it!

• LSP_Typhoonattack and Jolly Roger like this

#51 1to1scale

1to1scale

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:27 PM

i have been thinking about this one, I hope they re-release some of their older kits that were good sellers, like the tri-plane, W.29, or the DH.2. 

• Out2gtcha likes this

#52 Palm-tree

Palm-tree

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:25 AM

Hope it is something new- which has not been kitted before by a different manufacturer.
Current builds: Meng 1/32 Me163, HK Models 1/32 B-17
Stalled build: Trumpeter 1/32 F-117 - awaiting chute bay info to become available

#53 DannyVM

DannyVM

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

To be honest, i don't care........when it will hit the shelves and it is of any interest to me, i will buy it.

• EvilCarrot likes this

28XK8T9m.jpg

#54 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:30 AM

Model making dreams are great!

When I was a kid (maybe 13?) I had an incredibly vivid dream that I went into my parents' basement and every giant (at that time) aircraft you could buy was built and hanging from the ceiling.  It made a very impressive display and I can still picture how vivid and real the whole thing seemed.

It was like a B-52, 1/48 B-29, B-36 Peacemaker, stuff like that.  Big kits!  

It actually inspired me to buy and build a few big kits, including the Monogram B-24D and B-17G in 1/48 scale.  Pretty big kits.

When I was into U-Control flying models our club, the Chicago U-Line Pilots, held its meetings in the furnished basement of one of the founders homes. As I recall stick and tissue models were hanging from the ceiling. One of the rooms in his basement was a workshop and some of the teenagers could work on their models there.  The local hobby shop also had its upper air space occupied by hanging large scale model aircraft.  The atmosphere in these places just made one want to build models.  This was in the late 1940's. I remember the guy's name to this day (Bob Simmons) and I may still have the large CULP cloth patch which we had sewn onto a dark blue jacket. This was before the era of plastic modeling began. Everything was made of wood, and a few cast lead bombs for the 1/48 carved wood display models. I find it amazing I remember so much of those great times 65 years ago yet I cannot remember where I put my eyeglasses an hour ago.  

Ah nostalgia.  :punk:

• ringleheim likes this
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#55 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

As to the poll, WNW recently issued the Stahltaube and the Dolphin. One Austrian/German and one English aircraft. This continues their preference for aircraft from these two countries.  I do not see any indication that WNW will vary from their direction. 

Thus, although we may want to see a French or Italian WW1 aeroplane kit in 1/32 scale I really do not think one will appear on the market under the WNW label. 

Considering the wonderful releases we have received from them over the years I have no complaints at all.

Keep 'em Flying!  :piliot:

The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#56 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:43 PM

You're all wrong, i have it on good authority it will be a 1/32scale

zeppelin1.jpg

:P

Edited by TonyT, 13 January 2018 - 11:44 PM.

• EvilCarrot likes this

#57 RLWP

RLWP

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:04 AM

You're all wrong, i have it on good authority it will be a 1/32scale

zeppelin1.jpg

:P

You know, I often think of making one of those, although a Sea Scout would be smaller

pilot-and-wireless-observer-flying-ssz6.

Richard

#58 ringleheim

ringleheim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:41 AM

I would love for WNW to do some type of Zeppelin bomber!  It would have to be in a different scale, of course, but something big and crazy would be wonderful.

Would have to come with a few aircraft of the same scale for attacking and defending the zeppelin.

• Out2gtcha likes this

#59 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

And that might just be and finally the Fokker DR.1 we are all waiting for ... and I buckled down and bought the Roden one recently :)

No problem, room for lots of Little Fokkers here :)

Where do you get this "...we are all waiting for"?

I did not authorize you to speak for me.

I especially did not say that I want the Fokker DR.1.

I can certainly speak for myself and I would appreciate it if  you would not act like a biased news reporter and make up your own "truths".  :fight:

The reality is that WE all want the Japanese Val and Kate WW1 airplanes.  Yes, I know that it is rumored that these two airplanes were made in the late 1930's and flew in combat in WW2.  Yes, Yes we have all heard that mistruth and frankly I am tired of it. Specious arguments have been put forward that these two aircraft were single wing types. In reality the Japanese designers made the upper wings slightly smaller and the upper wing was thus built entirely within the lower so no one would see it.  ;)  That was very good camouflage indeed. 

It is also an old wives tale that the Kate could not be from the WW1 era since it did not have a landing gear just because no one could see it. Once again I must clear the air on that bit of nonsense. In reality the Kate's landing gear was permanently attached to the underside of the lower wing. It was there, but no one could see it, that is all. You see the Japanese designers were very precocious and had developed stealth landing gear. They were indeed way ahead of their time.  :ninja:

Not only that, but the Japanese aircraft designers during the 1914-1918 war developed many then fantastic tools that were only revealed in the 1960's American  TV show Star Trek. We all remember the famous line from that first episode aired on CBS on September 8, 1966, where the Captain uttered that famous command, "Beam me up Lieutenant Tamiya."  :whistle:

Well, I hope I have made my point and we should not speak for others who are members of this forum. We are very sensitive about what others insist that we have said. :crying:

Say goodnight, Gracie.

Edited by ssculptor, 14 January 2018 - 02:37 PM.

The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#60 1to1scale

1to1scale

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:45 PM

Put down the scotch and walk away from your keyboard....
  • Rick Griewski, ringleheim and MikeC like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users