P-61B Black Widow Hobby Boss

Pfuf

Hi thanks
I got some work done on the interior first sprayed a Vallejo interior Green 71010 Yellow mix color
Then the interior Green 71010 and after that in the corners Dark Green Vallejo 71012.
I made the instruments Black so later on get the details painted on.
So then I returnt to the cockpit panels and used some pastel pensels and weatherd it a bit.
Now to get the used look I took the Airbrush cleaner from Vallejo and cotton tip and carefull rub the area were I wanted the wear done spots and this cleaner isnt that strong that all the paint comes of so layer for layer.
still need some spot for the wood showing in front the padels.
Back to the Bf109 need to finish them this week.
DSC08219_zpsc4698c23.jpg
DSC08223_zps7b6fd90a.jpg
DSC08226_zps4bf2b745.jpg
Have fun
Johan Bos

That worn effect on the seat is brilliant!

Anybody adding seat cushions for the pilot? I made one up with Tamiya tape for the back. I figure there wasn't a seat cushion as they sat on their 'chutes like most aviators from this period.

Tim W.

Wow, nice start Johan. Looks like you going to fist kid on the block to say "I've got Big Black Widow under the glass case"... ;)

I think that crown has already gone to John 'Tigger' Wilkes.

Johan, I am also loving the worn effect on the bum tray.

Steve

Hi thanks for the compliments
I have a question about the back wall behind the front gunner looking with google at photos I found this Facebook page from Sqaudron shop
A great looking resin cockpit in progress from Avionix

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151511515578618.1073741827.325219133617&type=1
Did they use a cloth to close this passage if so I hope I need to try to make this with Magic sculp.
A other note about the instrument panel I see on some photos under the vertical panel a horizontal panel with dials Like in the restoration of the P-61B
http://www.maam.org/p61/images/More%20wiring%20at%20the%20instrument%20panel.%20%20Completed%20harnesses%20have%20cannon%20plugs%20installed%20which%20are%20wrapped%20in%20plastic..jpg
Hobby boss made I think the early panel from the P-61A with the
rounded lever panel row (lower and upper cowl flaps vavles).
Here a little progress note the dials are most just ones I have a fit the space.
DSC08227_zps2d1026a6.jpg
And looking at the pdf black widow operation instruction I see this Panel were it looks the organized it in a differend way.

Oh that right black box have to be Interior color.
I Hope any of your experts can explain this.
Have fun
Johan bos

Edited by Pfuf

Guest Peterpools

Johan

Fantastic progress on the front office, as the weathering looks just right.

Thanks also for the link for the Avonix P-61 cockpit from the Squadron, as this just might be the tip of the iceberg of AM upgrades and details sets to be coming down the pike

Keep 'em coming

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Johan on the cloth cover on the back wall of the cockpit. YES its right. Page 28 bottom right pic in Evolution of the P-61 Black Widow

Warren Thompson Squadron #6126. But most I think had a metal panel in its place.

Thanks Johan for the link and Nice Work on the pit too :popcorn:

Your photo of the cockpit is a YP-61 to A model. The http://www.maam.org/...in plastic..jpg is a B model

The cloth covering the rear bulkhead access aperture was common on most P-61 aircraft.

Vandy, could you show me the photograph of the YP-61to A model, as I cannot see it?

Cheers

Derek

thx for your support guys
I will make the instrument panel and will not try to make the cloth not that good in sculpting I have more work in this cockpit need to at some wiring and pipes decals painting.
Have fun hope to show some progress soon.
Johan bos