1/32 HPH Lavochkin La-7

petrov27

Thanks gents!

Rolling along... Was able to get a good wing root fit at least. The way the big parts are connected to a large chunk of resin that you need to trim does leave some issues on the leading edge of the wings and along the top front of the fuselage though. Even though I was as careful as possible cutting the parts from that resin block/runner, those areas are very rough and did not smooth out very well at all - going to take more work...

001_zps8q77eczt.jpg

Some progress; ailerons, tail surfaces, flap bays and some other bits done. Amazing how much more work these parts are with a resin kit vs. injection molded. Much time was spent trying to get a reasonable fit by sanding/trimming etc. Now need to do some work in the wheel bays and probably try to fit the canopy prior to primer and paint....

002_zpsneie5vrc.jpg

Really like the lines of this a/c - very slick and fast looking and lots of great colorful marking options - surprised it has never been injection molded in 1/32 - I guess no company willing, rather do more Zeros, Me109 etc....

007_zpspuw7s8w7.jpg

Thanks for the feedback gents - it is appreciated!

Looks like a typical HpH - kit that builds a lot harder than it looks in the box.

Well, this is the first HPH I have done, so I have no reference, but I personally did not think it would be easy based on the box contents... For me anyways, any kit with three sheets of photo-etch parts plus everything else in resin I just know it aint going to be easy. So far though, I dont think it is much worse than taking an injected molded kit and incorporating all the aftermarket you can find for it - like adding eduard and aires interior/wheel wells etc. - it makes the build mucho longer and more challenging...

Man, totally agreed with K1 here.....really makes me want to bust out mine!

When Dean mentioned being Hardee than it looks in the box, I think he was referring to it based on a similar experience with the HpH Walrus.

It's a fanominal kit, but complex beyond all get out,and like most HpH kits takes real modeling fortified to see through to the end.

Great job so far on this one, it really does look fantastic!

Yes, I meant that, when you look at the parts in the box, they look absolutely fantastic - superb detail, well cast and a part for everything. Photo etch abounds, lovely clear resin, the lot.

Maybe I was seduced by the contents of the box, but my Walrus build was - or is - very demanding. Mind you, the model looks great, so the work does pay off.

Or, in my case, will pay off.