1/32 Revell P-51B 486 FS/352 FG/8 AF, June 1944

r0t0rdr1ver

Looking good! I'm watching with interest here. I have so many of those old Revell kits in the stash - I had (almost) forgotten how harsh the surface detail was. I may have to invest in a rasp.

It's funny you say that, but it's almost what you need to get those suckers off! I've been using a sharp blade to remove/scrape what I can followed up with sanding. Takes much less time.

Thanks Hakan!

Still picking away at improving this oldie. Scratched up the structure aft of the radiator and added a PE rad grill. Used the Trumpy part as a pattern. Turned out quite well me thinks!

49D7CC9E-14A2-4361-B5D2-E12E82B4FEF7_zps

5DCC66A1-B583-4E44-AE2D-0DC5F11E1B5C_zps

9273EDCA-84EF-4693-B2B9-836DBA69692C_zps

F5DDC2B2-FEBE-48EF-96D8-BF1612F4CF11_zps

Stay tuned for the next instalment, not sure what that will be yet, but tune in anyways!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Gents!

Small update. The holidays and some busted ribs have slowed me down some.

I've been getting the Aires P-51 cockpit for the Trumpy kit installed. Not much work actually, the set fits like a glove! I was surprised at how well it fit actually. Just sanded down the kit sidewalls and removed raised detail and that was about it. Added a bit of detail with styrene also. Hope to get painting soon and close up these fuselage halves.

Cheers.

B9971BD5-AC07-4FEF-AB91-DE8413E09F3C_zps