X-22 with Tamiya Lacquer Thinner...

Shaka HI

Mask might help, but i don't have a spray booth and the hot water heater and furnace in the next room are natural gas..... wouldn't want to level my brothers house with a FAE....you are right about it drying hard fast, stuff is all ready to decal, usually have to wait 24hrs.

Don

, but you can't have your cake and eat it, too, I suppose...

We have all been mislead by lazy journos and TV presenters.

The correct phrase is - "you can't eat your cake and have it too".

If you think about it, we CAN have our cake as we eat it, but not the other way round. Once we have eaten it, there is no cake.

I use Mr Hobby 400 with all my Tamiya paint and it works great. i use the X-20A to clean the airbrush afterwards. Strips easily if I stuff it up and need to repaint.

• 1 month later...

Tamiya Clear X-22 thinned with Mr Color Levelling Thinner is about the best clear gloss I've ever used! Regular ordinary Future thinned with Mr Color Levelling Thinner also is the bee's knee's and almost as good (but quite a bit more inexpensive)! For the record, Mr Color Levelling Thinner is not petroleum based, it's mostly a variety of alcohols (which explains why it works so great with Tamiya/Gunze acrylic paints). 

Guest Peterpools

No matter what I try and I don't thnik I missed many I keep coming back to my first love:

Testor's Glosscte (lacquer)

Since I bought my Artograph spray booth and also my nifty new respirator, painting with lacquers is no problem at all.

Testor's Glosscote thinned with lacquer and for every 15 drops of Glosscote, 2 drops of N&W Flow Enhancer. I normally shot at 15 psi working pressure and lay down a few nice tac coats and then one wet cote with an Iwata Revolution CR with a .5 tip.

When the glosscote dries, it's bullet proof.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Hell I make my own X-20A TWO THIRDS DISTILLED WATER ONE THIRD 91% ISOTOPAL ALCOHOL (rubbing alcohol) 

I use generic lacquer thinner I find that it makes the paint bite just a tad bit more.

Paul

Paul,

If you're cutting 91% ISO with distilled water, just use 70% ISO as it already contains distilled water.

Tamiya X-20 A contains other chemicals besides ISO and Distilled water to help the paint flow with less surface resistance.

Joel

Paul,

If you're cutting 91% ISO with distilled water, just use 70% ISO as it already contains distilled water.

Ya I know I also add retarder and a flow enhancer for leveling, I use 91% ISO because it has more ISO per unit by volume.

Paul 

I use generic lacquer thinner I find that it makes the paint bite just a tad bit more.

Paul

I use "slow" automotive lacquer thinner with Tamiya's gloss black acrylic for my Alclad undercoats for that reason. This combination bites hard, dries quickly and gives a brilliant gloss for NMFs. You need fear no masking tape using this method: your NMF will not pull off.

I use "slow" automotive lacquer thinner with Tamiya's gloss black acrylic for my Alclad undercoats for that reason. This combination bites hard, dries quickly and gives a brilliant gloss for NMFs. You need fear no masking tape using this method: your NMF will not pull off.

I'll have to give that a try Thanks

Paul