Having been nothing but a lurker during the past months, so I think it's time to return with a new entry. Jurassic Plastic- what a great idea to me as I looove old kits! Decided to lay my hands on the lovely Airfix Emil that I have in mind for quite a long time.
By the way, I will do an E-3 with the rounded canopy, which fortunately comes with the kit.
Before purchasing I desperately searched the web for comparison pics to get an idea of its actual size. Couldn't find any, so I did some for the community:
I started with the engine, which is molded onto the ammo boxes. I like the detailing level, but on the other hand this kind of mold is a no-go nowadays and especially in this scale.
I seperated the engine from the firewall and removed all the wiring. So this should be my base for detailing work, later, when the fuselage is completed.
Unfortunately the cylinder banks are bare of any engine outlet. The exhaust stacks not connecting to the engine block, to me, is the only remarkable issue with this nice and well detailed kit.
The exhaust stacks from inside and outside. The good thing is they should be easy to remove.
So this is the view with the engine in place. A resin exhaust set would be a real benefit to this kit!
Thanks for looking in!