Still plugging away in between Bf109 and P-51D painting exercises.
Constant is hinge line and long line at 5.5mm. Outer pencil line is kit part outline. Inner line is 3mm width of .010 sheet template I cut and glued to the inner face of the stabilizer.
Top port stabilizer. With edges to show it's straight. Without an edge the curve to line connection appears to be off. Far right: because the stabilizer is longer on the Rex than the George I needed to attach an extension so I could mount it into the fuselage. Next is a 3.2mm (.125 strip) extension.
Bottom port stabilizer.
Stabilizer extension at flap.
Tacked in place. Not finished.
You can see I'm a bit off at the top of the rudder. I said the heck with it. New drilled openings (lower) for lateral line.
Finished the bulkheads and glued down some helping hands to keep the bulkheads 'straight'. Once I cut the fuselage I'll mount the bulkheads. Then I will set the fuselage onto the drawing, aligning the top. I will then attach some pieces of .040 strip (the thickness of the kit plastic) to the drawing, note their thickness on the bulkheads with a pencil, draw a transition line on the bulkhead from that point to the cut fuselage edge. I will then snap off the bulkheads, sand to the line and reinstall the bulkheads. This will give me my lower fuselage curve. Then I'll just plank it. I hope.
The rudder: I've sanded off the .010 template at the rear but have not sanded off the front template. With the front template in place I though I'd show how I was able to build the new outline.
Thanks for stopping by.