Dewoitine D.520C-1

big matt

Got some more work done this weekend on what will probably be my last limited run kit for a while. It isn't bad but the panel lines don't match up too well and there are some other finicky bits. It will most likely be ok but I should have bought 3M stock for all the sandpaper I am going through.

d520-1-2001.jpg

the wing to fuse joint had to be cut back on the top wing half about 2.5mm so I could get some dihedral on the wing. After all the cutting the joint didn't come out too bad

d520-1-2004.jpg

the radiator mercifully covers a really bad lower wing to fuselage gap that used about half a bottle of zap a gap to fill. I also opened up the spent shell chutes and gun muzzle ports. I hope that will be ok for box stock derby rules as I did not add anything.

d520-1-2002.jpg

Over all this kit has been fun so far and a good learning experience for me.

By the way, the wife has ordered me to use the pilot.

Thanks for looking,

Matt

:)

yeah, you can take that one pretty far if you let your mind run a bit! LOL

The Dewo is coming together, you are doing a great job on assembly. That is not the easiest kit to get together.

I found a pretty massive gap with the rear cockpit clear piece and had to do a lot of blending over super glue gap filler. I sanded that piece a lot and used lighter grades of sanding sticks to polish it clear again.

Wow! Another great build Matt. :lol: Man, I wish i had cockpits down to an art like yours! Really admire how clean your your builds are, that wing surgery came out great. Looking GOOD! Russ

P.S. I think that pilot has 'panache'!, so bizarre it's incredibly cool. hehe.

Looks great Matt I hope mine looks just as good will post some photo`s in member build 2 520`s are to much and you were

the first :blink: :lol: :lol:

Do you always do what your wife tells you :lol:

look forward seeing more photo`s

David

Well, I'll tell you David, I do what I'm told, most of the time... The wife just loved that freaky pilot and it cracks me up too. I haven't painted a figure since I was a kid so this will be a new challenge. I hope to see your 520 soon.

Hey Russ! That pancake is looking cool! Don't pay too much attention to the cockpits, it's all smoke and mirrors, but thanks a lot.

Chris, not so bad a gap with the canopy. I cut the canopy into three pieces so it could be open and that allowed me to position it a little better. I will have to learn how to rescribe lines better because feverish sanding has erased a bunch of detail.

Hopefully more soon.

Matt

Sitting at home with a nice head cold I set out to the shop in our 90 deg F, almost November weather, and worked on my nemesis. I haven't painted a figure since I was a kid so cut me some slack.

d520-1-3009.jpg

Heavy, heavy drinking gets you those sunken eyes and the look of total despair

d520-1-3010.jpg

Must have been tough in Tunisia...

Matt

Nice pic Bozzaroo! I kinda thought he looked a little like George Bush but that would be weird.

Once you get past the sanding there is not much left. Strange camo. I chose the Gabriel Gauthier Tunisia 1942 scheme as it was a bit different from most of the 520's I have seen. The instructions were a bit tough to sort out for what colors to actually use and they conflicted with the pic on the box.

Here is my guess

d520-1-3001.jpg

the masking for the stripes was entertaining...

d520-1-3021.jpg

we will see how it comes out. I'm not so sure.

Matt

Hi Matt the camo looks great :wub: and the vichy stripes also but in my opinion the red stripes are too narrow <_<

i am planning to do yhe same scheme and kinda measured the red stripes and came to the conclusion

that thet should be about 6mm wide ;)

I hope my 520 will look just as great as yours

David

ps

what kind of paint did you use and what colours