• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

Hi Gary, I've noticed that the same item, designed for Tamiya, costs 15$ more than the one for the Revell F-4s (by your website online price/items list)...so which is the difference? maybe the retracted inner slat insert? (is it included in the set for the Revell pic, too?)

any pics? thanks.

2e4kuau.jpg

Edited by Luca, 04 October 2017 - 04:52 PM.

• Dany Boy likes this

#2 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

You guessed right.  The revel kit has the correct detailing and the mechanism fairings as part of the plastic kit.    Remember the Revell set is an enhancement set with fewer parts, where the Tamiya set is a conversion from a Hard wing and has more parts.

Kapisch??

Great Question,

Gary

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

dd34971d-1dff-4d25-b610-dddb8f8ab69c_zps

#3 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

Revell actuators fairings and outer slats/wings are poorly detailed IMHO....so I was wondering if there is a chance to adapt the Tamiya set.

cheers

• ghatherly likes this

#4 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:48 AM

The Revell outer wings are not accurate, but the detailing of the inner slat and the linkage fairings are OK.   TO good to cut the wing up in my opinion.  IF you want an inner set to try and adapt I can supply you with one for difference and shipping.

Where many go wrong with those linkage fairings is they want to place them large med small from the inside out.  This is wrong on the real jet.  The large one is inboard, the small in the middle position and the Other large one is on the outside.  

Many Thanks, Gary

email:   garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com.      Web Site:   www.gtresinproducts.com

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

#5 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:14 AM

maybe I explained myself badly, but I'd like, in addition to the slatted outer wings, something like this (inner slats fully opened):

11.jpg

12.jpg

25.jpg

Edited by Luca, 05 October 2017 - 08:32 AM.

• ghatherly likes this

#6 Dave Williams

Dave Williams

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:56 AM

Most people want the slats closed since that’s the normal position on the ground. Photos of extended slats are fairly uncommon on real parked aircraft.
  • LSP_Typhoonattack and ghatherly like this

#7 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

I have an open inner slat wing set in development,  It has not been released yet, look for it around Christmas time.   I have not established Pricing, and it will be sold with the outer wings sets only.  Of course if you have already purchased the outer wings The inner extended all be available.

Just keep asking every few weeks so I don't forget to post.

Thx

Gary

• Luca likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

#8 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

I have a couple of these sets for my IAF F-4E builds. I have had them for a bit. Are the ones mentioned above new or just a copy and paste of the text from the ones I have.  Thanks.

Rick

#9 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

I have a couple of these sets for my IAF F-4E builds. I have had them for a bit. Are the ones mentioned above new or just a copy and paste of the text from the ones I have.  Thanks.

Rick

As I get the web site up and running,   We will be updating some of the descriptions.     What you have is latest set with the inner closed inner slats.

The extended inner slats will be a new set when it is released.  The Tamiya inner wing set will be sold only with the outer slat wing.   With the exception of those prior sales or when purchasing a new F-4G or F-4E ARN-101 Super Sets

Many Thanks, Gary

#10 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

The Tamiya inner wing set will be sold only with the outer slat wing.   With the exception of those prior sales or when purchasing a new F-4G or F-4E ARN-101 Super Sets

I've purchased a G super set for the Tamiya kit... so can I buy a opened inner slat set separately when it's ready?

Edited by Luca, 05 October 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#11 Dave Williams

Dave Williams

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

Will there be a new outer wing slat set to go with the inner wing deployed slat set? The outer slats move too when extended, but not as dramatically as the inners.

#12 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:55 AM

Why would you need an new outer set? The slats are separate parts and can be positioned accordingly.   The slat angle when open is the same on the inner and outer slats.

Many Thanks, Gary

#13 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

Why would you need an new outer set?

don't like too much the Revell outer wing and his (molded in) actuators fairings

Edited by Luca, 06 October 2017 - 05:22 PM.

#14 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

don't like too much the Revell outer wing and his (molded in) actuators fairings

We are talking about the Tamiya kit and your G Super set, so my answer is with respect to that model.   Obviously, if you are buying a new Revell Slat wing set you can get the open inner wing.  

Many Thanks, Gary

#15 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

any chance to see some pics of the F-4E slatted wing set (for Revell kit)?

I have 3 F-4F Revell kits sitting in my stash (from a long time) wich are claiming for inboard & outboard slats (and flaps)

cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users