Beaufighter 252 Squadron 1942

Bill_S

DSCN1224%5B1%5D.jpg

And some filler...

DSCN1225%5B1%5D.jpg

Boarding ladder access...

DSCN1227%5B1%5D.jpg

There's a small gap where the fuselage side meets the lower wing; I'm hoping it won't be visible.

DSCN1229_1.jpg

Revell's wheel bays are works of fiction. Any modifications to them need to be addressed before the fuselage can be attached to the lower wing. Detail removed, ejector pin marks filled.

DSCN1228%5B1%5D.jpg

I'm going to use the kit landing gear. While I'm sure I could scratch one, I have little confidence that I could make two that were identical. As a result, I'll keep most of the the attachment points in the bay, but some cutting is in order.

Edited by Bill_S

Even with the Hobbyzone stuff, it doesn't take long...

DSCN1232_1.jpg

A little artistic license here:  All my references indicate that the openings are quasi-elliptical, with recessed cannons. I'm going to leave the shape as-is, and have protruding barrels. A little scribing around the openings, and I'll have an opportunity to break out my new beading tool...

DSCN1230%5B1%5D.jpg

Edited by Bill_S

Guest Peterpools

Bill

Very nice progress. Revell's Golden Oldies surely reflect the state of the Art Way Back When. Nice work on filling the the wing opening and the floor.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Well, after seeing your build, I went to the LHS today and found an old Revell Japan boxing of the kit.

I'll be using your build as a reference source since I don't have any on the Beaufighter.

Now to find some info on the differences between the kit and a TF-X.

Carl

Well, after seeing your build, I went to the LHS today and found an old Revell Japan boxing of the kit.

I'll be using your build as a reference source since I don't have any on the Beaufighter.

Now to find some info on the differences between the kit and a TF-X.

Carl

Great work Bill, another kit I would love to build. But if I could, I'd want to build an Israeli Mk.X, but I'm unsure on the differences/mods needed.

I'm working from this:

DSCN1204%5B1%5D.jpg

It's a little pricey, but should give just about everything you need to know.

Edited by Bill_S