LSP Kit Database needs your help!

LSP_Kevin

Hi Kevin

Just have resent it to your adress: kevin@largescaleplanes.com

Hope it´s OK now

Cheers

Pavel

Hmm...still nothing mate. Did you receive any 'undelivered' bounceback messages? It could be that the attachments are too large. You could try sending them in smaller groups attached to multiple emails. That's what Jack has been doing (he's up to 44 so far!).

Kev

Hi Kevin

No I have not received any udelivered email message. I just resent them in three emails about 2MB each. Hope they are reach you this time

Cheers

Pavel

Thanks Pavel, I'll keep an eye out.

EDIT

Ah, they've just arrived! Thanks for your perseverance Pavel.

Kev

How's this going?

Have we reached the 25% mark yet?

We currently have 1664 kits in the database, with 365 images, so around 22% (and growing). I've spent most of my free time over the past week or so processing and uploading images, and I'm finally nearing the end. I might have perhaps 50 or so to go. Of course, I'm always happy to receive more! A special thanks and acknowledgement to Jack for organising nearly 250 of those images!

Kev

We currently have 1664 kits in the database, with 365 images, so around 22% (and growing). I've spent most of my free time over the past week or so processing and uploading images, and I'm finally nearing the end. I might have perhaps 50 or so to go. Of course, I'm always happy to receive more! A special thanks and acknowledgement to Jack for organising nearly 250 of those images!

Kev

you're perfectly welcome, but you're doing the biggest effort collecting and organizing.

Trying to figure out the Vacforms, in what way to "display" in order to have an impression of what they look like....

cheers,

Jack

you're perfectly welcome, but you're doing the biggest effort collecting and organizing.

Trying to figure out the Vacforms, in what way to "display" in order to have an impression of what they look like....

cheers,

Jack

I was thinking part of the plan might be the best option?

Stirling job for sure, Kev. Well done.

hi guys

awesome effort with the list - i really like the idea and appreciate the time you are taking in compiling it

now sorry if i have missed something obvious, but are there plans to indicate in the index page whether a kit is a "new tool" or not / or the date of that tooling?

just surfing some Fw190s on ebay and the list is not really helping in determining what kit is what etc

again, sorry if this is me being inept or if this is not the intention of the list

Nick

now sorry if i have missed something obvious, but are there plans to indicate in the index page whether a kit is a "new tool" or not / or the date of that tooling?

Not at this stage Nick, for several reasons. The first being that there's simply no more room for additional data in the index listing - it's maxed out! This information is, however, included in the 'notes' field on the kit details page (where known). Another issue is that that kind of data (old tool vs new tool) only applies to 2 or 3 lines of kits at the most, outside of which the concept doesn't make sense at the data level. Of course, someone has to know the difference and mark them as such in the first place!

Your best bet is to simply search for all Hasegawa Fw 190s, and then view the details page on each of them. You can use the 'back' button in your browser to get back to your search list (or open the details page in a new window or tab). The index listing isn't likely to gain any additional information, but the details page will, so that's really where it's at for the nitty gritty.

One feature that's coming soonTM, which may be useful for this kind of searching, is the inclusion of 'related kits' links on the kit details page. When you view a kit's details, there'll be a section containing links to all the other known releases of that kit in the database, including those by other manufacturers. This in itself is a massive undertaking, and it will be quite some time before it's fully comprehensive, but should prove useful nonetheless.

Kev

cheers,

Jack

Jack, all your images are up!

As for the vacforms, I think Keith's on to something. I'd also include a shot of the contents if there's not much else to work with. Remember, there can be more than one! We have a couple of those up already I believe.

Kev