Will we ever see an early B-17G from HKM?

Guest Maxim

Thanks Jennings. I hope they get around to it once the Lanc is finished. Will be interesting to see what will be after the Lanc! I'm sure the Lanc will sell well.

Just wondering if anyone knows if HKM are planning an early B-17G?

I would bet that they are but it's anyone's guess as to when.  As Jennings as said, they're a small company that has a lot of irons in the fire.  I believe they're working feverishly to get the Lancaster out ASAP. 

Inaccuracies notwithstanding, they have the majority of the tooling already cut between the E/F and Late G but there will need to be a little modification done to the aft fuselage section of the E/F or the late G to get the enclosed waist windows for the early G's (and very late F's).  I'm referring to the UAL Mod Center 3-pane modification for the enclosed waist windows.  They could also use the late G aft fuselage with the single pane waist windows as is (the downside of this would be limiting the marking options).  I don't believe it would be a huge stretch on their part to release such a kit.  I would even suggest they include the pumpkin tail turret as an option for a "little-bit-later" than early fort.  The wings will need a little modification no matter which set they use.  They'd have to add the Tokyo tank filler ports to the E/F wings (not a big deal) and add an option to delete those wing vents at the tips (that shouldn't be on the E/F anyway).  If they used the late G wings, they'd have to get rid of the crew heater vents (and the shroud over the #2 turbocharger ducting) and have the same option to fill those pesky wing vents at the tips. (I st ill haven't found out when these vents were added)

I for one (and I know there are a lot more of us out in LSP land) would really like an early 17G and hopefully, HK will give us the early G in the not too distant future.  I'm in for at least two or three....  There's a LOT of 91st BG B-17G's that need to be built in 1/32.