IAF F-16A Netz - creating the masks, camouflage scheme

SinuheH

Well I managed to install the pit and close up the fuselage - fit is not the greatest - not bad - but rather typical of Hasegawa jets of that vintage - such as the F-5E.

F-16-fuselage-closed_zps46682ba1.jpg

I then made my 1st scribing attempt…. not there yet ….. but it will provide something for a wash to adhere to.

F-16-stabilizer_zps9e195feb.jpg

F-16-scribed-fin_zps9fc18011.jpg

F-16-wings_zps664f2120.jpg

The scribing on the body was more complex, due to the blended shape of the F-16….. so it will be missing on some parts….. unless I find a more flexible guide.

Might try some demo tape next week.

Thanks,  since the Tamiya T-Bird kits are getting pretty tough to locate I was hoping someone in the A/M world may have a Pratt nozzle available. I was lucky enough to score five complete P/Q sprues for the small intake from Tamiya USA but I'm lacking the nozzles to backdate the C/J's that I have lurking in the stash.

I have most of the weapons leftover from my Sufa kit, If there is anything you're looking for to complete the load out on your jet, Send me a message and I'll get them to you.

Edited by jmreed76

Well I had some time this weekend to add the wings and fin….. fit is not exactly tamiya…. but not too bad.

Difficult to think that this kit must be close to 30 years old now….. wow… I was soooo impressed when it came out.

F-16-jan-12-a_zpse065e458.jpg

A few minor gaps, nothing stretched sprue and filler can't handle

Added an old CE resin burner can…. the thing is so heavy that I have to be careful that my kit is not a tail sitter…….;)

F-16-Jan-12-b_zpsd153354a.jpg

Filling and putting done...

F-16-Jan-12-c_zps8f9516fb.jpg

Bottom as well…..

F-16-Jan-12-d_zps558ae102.jpg

Now to prime and paint the nozzle ……..

take care genets and have a good WE