2017 IPMS Nationals: Whose going, want to meet up, and got any tips?

CANicoll

Guest Smitty44

But when are we gonna spend time at the convention ????.........Harv

I'll go with the party if I have to, no big deal. I thought the SAC Museum was a must for you , Harv?

Edited by Smitty44

It is buddy. Just a little fun with you. But it does seem with all going on, our time at the show is going to be limited. Not that big a deal really. I know my entry isn't placing anywhere. Like I said earlier, my main focus is to meet everyone and have fun.....OH and have a pizza and beer with you.......Harv

Guest Smitty44

It is buddy. Just a little fun with you. But it does seem with all going on, our time at the show is going to be limited. Not that big a deal really. I know my entry isn't placing anywhere. Like I said earlier, my main focus is to meet everyone and have fun.....OH and have a pizza and beer with you.......Harv

I was just carousing my pictures from the Hill Aerospace Museum last year and recalling just how much I enjoyed the visit. So I thought I should bring it up again. The SAC museum has a B-36, B-52, B-58, Avro Vulcan to name a few! http://sacmuseum.org/

I was just carousing my pictures from the Hill Aerospace Museum last year and recalling just how much I enjoyed the visit. So I thought I should bring it up again. The SAC museum has a B-36, B-52, B-58, Avro Vulcan to name a few! http://sacmuseum.org/

Our B-58 is actually "Greased Lightning" the Tokyo to London speed record set on November 24th, 1963.  

1 month or so to go. I just hope I'll have a new build to bring.

Yeah, was hoping for same, but Ill be lucky to have the D.VII finished in time, but it will be no contest winner.  Ill have some stuff (at least 1) to enter I tried and failed to make the LAST time the NATs were in Omaha.  :rolleyes:

Apparently there are rooms available at the embassy suites and the Marriott at the IPMS convention rate. Call the hotel directly. This info is from a post on the IPMS website.

Mike

I want to see that Hustler - has always been one of my favorite aircraft.  Who is doing the Night at the Museum tour on Thursday?  I'm not sure if I'll make the SAC tour, sadly, but this is my first Nationals so I do want to spend SOME time in the hall!

I booked my room at the Marriott last week via the IPMS website with no problems.  Pretty decent rate but I'm using miles for my flight so that kind of off-sets whatever the hotel cost is.

I've been told to make a good shopping list before going or else you just get lost with everything.

Any shopping strategies?