B-17G 'A Bit O' Lace'

Iain

OK - dug out again today - looking at the patterns for the beam position windows at the mo.

Biggest thing I've noticed since putting her away is how much the fuselage joint has re-appeared as a subtle dip as the solvent has continued to evaporate away - good job I didn't spray it last year it would appear!

Will try and post some updates over next week...

Iain

• 8 months later...

As it's Memorial Day in the US I felt moved to do a little more on 'Bit O'Lace' today - some lower fuselage seams that has 'sunk' (solvent drying out over time) and the masters for the waist position windows.

Will get some photos later in the week - but hoping some of the Photobucket images might be visible now?

Iain

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, thunderbolt1988 said:

I like what you did with the nose. How did you go about it?

Any new progress on this kit?

Thx 

Haha, it is lovely, but its Iains build, you will have to ask him.   Although he does seem to have some irons in the fire already!

Hi.

I think it's a great idea to build the two B17 at the same time. I would like to see Cam's progress because I think he will do better than me when I built my Monogram B17 1/48 many years ago.

A greeting.

Edited by josebagasteiz

• 3 months later...

Cam's B-17 is on hold - he's discovered tanks instead!

A random comment on Facebook the other day caused me to dig out Bit O'Lace again - and some progress.

Upper nose radius was fixed earlier - and still holding together nicely:

48b427_3d3339c39980418ea61ac953d28612df~

Given that this will be a natural metal finish it's actually a good thing it's been put away for quite a while as there's been some 'sinkage along some of the joints over time - easy to fix:

48b427_342f5295d450455a98caf164cd23333a~

And the sheet styrene insert on the starboard fuselage had popped it's seam at the bottom - fixed with some super thin super glue and ready for sanding - again!

48b427_8969713c181e41d9aff8edea561a41d4~

And some progress with where I stopped - these will be patterns for vacuum forming new waist gun positions in clear PETG - still very early days in shaping:

48b427_9be662fd42fc4e7396a32b5b0b1e8b61~

So she's out again - and I plan to make slow progress along with some other ongoing projects.

Have fun...

Iain