Junkers Ju 88 info sought

Here you go....

a lot to read and lots of photos ... keep scrolling downwards ! :punk:

[1.65.1.118] Continued Ju 88 A-4 missing realism bug - Bombers & Attackers - War Thunder - Official Forum

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/254920-1651118-continued-ju-88-a-4-missing-realism-bug/

Excellent source of information, thank you for sharing Maru.

• 5 months later...

I found out they are ETC 500/I xd out wing racks possibly without the fairings.  So my next question is, anyone know where to find good drawings/photo's of said rack or an option in 1/32.  I think Trumpeter has these racks in their Ju 87 kits perhaps???  MDC has the racks but with the fairings and I'd like to be accurate as possible. Maybe. Or just give up looking.

N.

Edited by Nicholas R Larson

I think I may have found more info..

This link has interlinks (in blue marked HTML).

BUT it also has gotten photo interlinks too.(in blue .) Which include fuel tanks.

LiTOT: Ju-88 index

http://legendsintheirowntime.com/LiTOT/Other/Ju88_index.html

Thanks Maru.  You've provided quite a bit of help with those links you've posted.

N.

Perhaps John of AIMS knows more. He is the in house Ju 88 expert. He may be selling the drop tanks including the hardpoints

Hans

Hi Hans,

John at AIMS is the one that sent me the photo of that Ju 88 after I asked him about a set of decals I found on ebay.  Sadly, they were in 1/72 but he actually had the markings to that aircraft in 1/32 so I was able to purchase the conversion from him as well as the decal markings.  Now I'm just hunting down the outer wing racks as they are without fairings.  I have the outer wing fuel tanks shown in the pictures and scratch building the other tanks shown near the fuselage, unless someone knows of a set already in existence.  CMK has a set of large fuel tanks as well as Profimodeller but they aren't the correct ones and I haven't been able to find a set already in existence.  This "hobby" makes one insane.

N.

Hi Nicholas

I'm also very interested in modelling this airframe and recently acquired a set of CMK outer and inner wing tanks to do it. I thought the inner tanks were the standard 900 litre versions, but you think these are something else? I'm very interested to hear if these are another tank variant. Like you, I'm a bit stumped with the rack fitting for the wing tanks.

Hope you are keeping well

Padraic

Edited by Padraic Conway

They are 900 litre but different than the tear drop shaped that CMK or Profimodeller makes.  I found some drawings of the particular fuel tank so I'll try and scale them up and scratch build one.  I'm still searching on the out wing racks but I may have a lead I'm still pursuing.  I did end up finding drawings of the ETC rack I was inquiring about possibly being what I needed.  But it's not even close to what is shown in the photo but I'll share my findings here when I get everything settled.

Nicholas