Revell BF-110G-4 Update: Now using Cyber Hobby kit....

Daniel460

• 2 months later...

Sorry for not posting much on this folks but real life keeps getting in the way. I'm going to finish her one way or another, she's been a pain. Here's some updated photos. Trying to get the major assemblies built before I do all the pretty work.... :P

Made the two bulkheads, the one behind the pilot appears to be an armor shield, the rear is the MG-81Z mount and the MG/FF mount area. The plate with the two points are stops so the MG-81Z gunner doesn't shoot off the tail.... :whistle:

zsX0c1.jpg

The three seats I have are all different. Makes you wonder what each company measured, first one is Eduard, Revell and Dragon from the Dackelbauch kit.

0THG1m.jpg

The size of the Revell seat was about right just a bit narrow. a little cut and a bit of plastic and I think it "looks" better. 

dZhSKR.jpg

Started on the roll bar, the seat is a little low but has a mount that I didn't put in for the pic.... :shrug:

YS00zc.jpg

New IP is ready and the starboard console is in process, the two white tabs are covers for the engine start switches. A lot more detail to be put on it.

bPhoOA.jpg

This is going to be a long build but I'll get it....may have to take a break and build something else so i don't get burned out... :mental:

Comments/suggestions always welcome.... :thumbsup:

Dan

Thanks for the great comments Gents!  :thumbsup:

Did a little on my one day off. Worked on the Aires MG-81Z installing the Master model brass barrels.

iCwtYB.jpg

Wasn't too bad of a conversion, although drilling two tiny holes in a tiny piece of resin caused a few naughty words to be uttered... :whistle:

z1Xo9H.jpg

But with the help of a little liquid encouragement we got it done. Actually had to go back and readjust the one barrel a bit..... :doh:

Now I just have to figure out the mount, from the MG to the rear bulkhead. I'll have to whip something together...:)

R5XTZo.jpg

Found these parts hiding in the Bf-110 Dackelbauch box. Going to have to cut the guns down as you can see. Also have the Master model barrels for them. Going to be making some Musik...:)

Comments/suggestions welcome!

Dan

Off to a great start, Daniel! I've had this kit, along with the Eduard PE sets in the stash for years - I'll be watching with great interest!

Thanks Bill,

It's really a fun build with a little bit of frustration here and there. The Squadron 110G walk around book is a must, not sure if there are any other good reference books around. It takes a lot of "guesstimating" instead of measuring! I wish I had more time to work on it through the week but with our 10 hour 6 day week its tough to get some quality bench time.... :crying:

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

My build of the Revell 1/32 beast from two years ago as inspiration (or not!!). Way fun build, and I think looks fantastic when built up (I wanna built the dragon one now).  It's a bit dusty as it's out of the cabinet as I love it. Basically OOB...18195429_10155323234901180_686843483_o_z

My build of the Revell 1/32 beast from two years ago as inspiration (or not!!). Way fun build, and I think looks fantastic when built up (I wanna built the dragon one now).  It's a bit dusty as it's out of the cabinet as I love it. Basically OOB...18195429_10155323234901180_686843483_o_z

Welcome to the LSP Tony! Great work on your 110, they are neat birds. I have a Dragon kit in the stash, hopefully I will build a few more.....when I retire...:)