53 replies to this topic

#46 paul fisher

paul fisher

Hooked For Life

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

Working away on it...imgur is hard to figure out, I can;'t get my recently moved pictures to show up here on LSP, but I'm working on it!

• LSP_Typhoonattack and otis252 like this

#47 Tailspin Turtle

Tailspin Turtle

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

Does anyone have any links to anywhere with diagrams as to exactly what armor was fitted to the two seaters?
Been looking and can only find arnor fitted to single seaters.
Plenty of photos with what looks like it but no diagrams particularly if any waa fitted to thectwo seater sidewalls or was it belly only which is different from the single seater.

There's a diagram here: http://www.alternate..._April_1956.pdf

Note that was a difference between the basic AD-5 (A-1E) and AD-5N (A-1G) internal armor as depicted on the SACs. I can't say how much of the internal armor provisions were incorporated on the actual airplanes. I have some pictures depicting the external armor but Blogger isn't letting me upload them from my computer to a post at present.

#48 Tailspin Turtle

Tailspin Turtle

• LSP_Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

Blogger started working again so here is my post of AD-5 armor information: http://tailhooktopic...ad-5-armor.html

#49 Jerry

Jerry

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:43 PM

Nationals was fantastic and I managed to get a bunch of show specials and treasures for the stash - as for a 1/32 Trumpeter AD-4  -  not so much.  While there were amazing deals on Trumpeter aircraft there, which got even better on Saturday when most of the dealers dropped prices by 50% there was only one AD-4 at the entire show and the fellow was very proud of it to the tune of $139.  That high price and it wasn't even a new kit so you couldn't exactly tell if everything was there.  It should be noted that there were probably 100s of large Trumpeter planes of all models that were in the $50 range.  I went over to FreeTime Hobby and Brandan would take orders for one that would ship the next day for $81 plus $10 shipping, so I guess I will go that way.  Very disappointing for the one big kit that I was looking for, but like I said Nats was great.

Jerry

• otis252 likes this

#50 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

Trade with confidence with Free Time Hobbies. Branden and Russ are great people, first rate.

Chuck

#51 Jerry

Jerry

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:38 AM

Would absolutely agree with Chuck - I have been dealing with Branden for several years and bought stuff from him at Nats this year - top notch quality and customer service.

On another note just happened to be trolling sites looking for an AD-4 and came on one on Amazon.  It said only one left and listed the price as $60.51 with free prime shipping - jumped on that real quick and it will deliver Wednesday - 

Jerry

• otis252 likes this

#52 Darren Howie

Darren Howie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

Blogger started working again so here is my post of AD-5 armor information: http://tailhooktopic...ad-5-armor.html

Thankyou very much Highly appreciated mate!

#53 Jerry

Jerry

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:19 PM

Paul

Any chance of some updated photos?  Can't stand the wait for this one.

Jerry

#54 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,097 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:08 AM

Working away on it...imgur is hard to figure out, I can;'t get my recently moved pictures to show up here on LSP, but I'm working on it!

Upload Images – Imgur
https://help.imgur.c...3-Upload-Images

Check out various ways to do this Paul.

:)

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users