AVIA S-199 scratched and AML S-199 conversion set

Guest Martinnfb

Hi Mike, 

that's quite a question, there is probably another 20 to 30 hours involved just in the nose itself. But I would say an early model with german style wheel wells and no kanonenboots  and then later style with wing gun installation. So let us estimate year 2020 as a finish line :)

Cheers

M. 

Can moderators be so kind and move this topic in to "work in progress" section please. That way I can continue without starting a new one.

Thank You.

Martin

Done! Might be worth amending the topic title, too, when you get a chance.

Kev

Lookin' good Martin! Just remember, it has to be finished for the show in Oregon in September!

Cheers,

Wolf

Thank You Wolf, however There will not be  any show in Oregon this year, except for camping trip with Paul. :)

Nice start Martin. For a moment I thought you had a battery inserted in the nose of this thing ;)

Thanks Mike, yeah new set of batteries with every beginning , that's what she said anyways....

Nice!  Great job on this one Martin.  Its a hell of a thing that much work!  Cant wait to see the end result

Thank You Brian, the End is waaaaaay took faaaaar :), this plane is more work that I expected, it seems that not many people took the time to do the research. 

Well I was slapping putty tonight/morning. Bulges are from Roy (Barracuda) and the rest is Tamiya's resin putty.

ZFvolse.jpg

I had to offset the guns a bit, not a biggie :)

YDYpUZj.jpg

Here you can see the difference between the Ciro models conversion set, intended for Hasegawa and Revell based work. Hoosegows nose is shorter to began with and has a exaggerated bulgy profile.

z3jchlJ.jpg

Blobing away....

Cheers

m.

Looks great bro!! Can't wait to see the final work!

Cheers

Thanks Bro, me too :)

Hello,

Wo Ho! another masterpiece on the way :popcorn:

Cheers

Boris

He he, thank You Boris, I wish you were right.

What putty is that?

Tamiya-87051-Quick-Dry-Type-AB-font-b-Ep

Very nice work Martin !

Thank You Sir.

Hey Guys it's midnight again, time to  post some naughty pictures full of humps and bumps. I am still playing with the size and the shape, but she's getting closer.

tZHUXhO.jpg

hcP7Qbm.jpg