Tamiya-GT Resin-ZOTZ F-4B conversion VF-111

marauderdriver

What's the issue with uploading more than one photo?

Kev

Hey Kev,

When I try to load a second picture, everything stops and I have to Refresh to unlock it.  Then I loose the whole thing and have to

reload the first picture.

I just recently uploaded Win 10 with Win Edge and am finding out what I can do.

Thanks

Jack

Guest Smitty44

COOL, Do you have a WIP for the G conversion?  I have the G cockpit and antenna parts that GT made about a year ago and convinced me that I could use his resin with no problem because he will back it up. I also have the F-4C Wild Weasel set for my WW collection.

Jack 

No, sorry I have never done a WIP thread for any build and though I have thought about it, I always feel like I should be modeling not taking pictures. Maybe before to long I take a stab at doing one!

Edited by Smitty44

No, sorry I have never done a WIP thread for any build and though I have thought about it, I always feel like I should be modeling not taking pictures. Maybe before to long I take a stab at doing one!

You should try it ....It's kinda fun.....and you can get help if your stuck on something.

Looking forward to this one Jack  ;)

Thanks Loic,  I hope it comes out OK

Just a quick update......Working over the BDR plates,  nothing photo worthy as everyone knows they have to be blended.

Did notice my Rosie Riveter doesn't match the Tamiya pattern

Jack

Hey Folks,

What'sa Happin'in?   Sorry for the gap between posts but have been doing a lot  of research into the steps in putting this Beast together.

Fortunately we have a thin wing C model here at Barksdale and was able to go take some pics and have a few brain-farts on how I want to

detail some of the areas on the kit.

Those that know me know that I hate resin and try not to use it if I can avoid it as things never fit the way the pics show it supposed to.

I also now this is the only way to get a B without have to create all of the parts and mods yourself.

So moving along with GT's set I went thru the usual removing the damage repair that Tamiya was so gracious to mold in.

After some "Grinding of Plastic" and making the cut marks for the intakes and cockpit, I went to work taking out the offending kit plastic

and found the pit tub fits nicely and the intakes have a 1/8 in gap at the seam.  Here is an example of my luck with resin, did it shrink? is the kit

moulded out of wack? did I cut in the wrong place?  I don't know, but I was (am) expecting this kind of problem so it will be plastic strip to fill

the gap and move -on.  Here are some pics and hope to have a couple of days to focus on some building and start getting her cleaned up.IMG_6566.jpg