MESSASCHNIZEL

I'm having some kind of fun bringing the Messaschitzel to completion...too bad about the blower but I wanted to add cowl mg's for additional fire power...these eggy/cartoon projects are certainly a break from the dreaded AMS :rolleyes: , earlier tonight I did add exhaust stiffener detail with some plastic rod and started to fabricate a gun sight from a peice of resin cut off...also plan to add some instruments in the cockpit...brake lines on the main gear, and a drop tank....if it fits I'll use one from a 21st Century 1/32 109...also some decals from that kit as well. I'm not decided if I'll add the alieron mass balances or not....if so they will be s/b items...

cheers,

ggc

P2150002ggcmodelroom21504pic2.jpg

Ian: What was her response...? Ten kits waiting to be built isn't even a minor affliction....I do have a few modern jets stashed away but I only have two post WWII jets completed, an Aifix F-86D 1/72 and an LS F-102 in 1/144. Here is another shot of the kit storage area looking at the side wall of the hobby workroom...you may want to show her this one...or not,.... as it may make her nervous to see what can happen.... :)

Cheers,

ggc

P2150002ggcmodelroom21504pic2.jpg

Ian: What was her response...? Ten kits waiting to be built isn't even a minor affliction....I do have a few modern jets stashed away but I only have two post WWII jets completed, an Aifix F-86D 1/72 and an LS F-102 in 1/144. Here is another shot of the kit storage area looking at the side wall of the hobby workroom...you may want to show her this one...or not,.... as it may make her nervous to see what can happen.... :)

Cheers,

ggc

Her response is basically ' I don't want to know. ' :( And your stash, in my own words, rhymes with CLUCKING BELL!!! :lol: So...what do you want for christmas???

Nice stash.

Thanks

Ian

Thanks Ian,

For Christmas----> Lots of model glue, super glue and filler.... :( ....the "stash" has been years in the making....and has caused some problems with my dear wife...she doesn't understand the dynamic, if three are good why ten isn't better... :)

Cheers,

ggc

Nice one GGC,

I'm doing the Funfdecker at the moment. Not one wing, now two or three but 5 in fact.

Good bit of fun.

I'd love to use the chrome parts untouched but it seems impossible to get a neat build with no seam lines. Any ideas on how to effectively glue the chromed parts and not lose that mirror finish?

Cheers Matty

Thanks Matty: The only way I know is to VERY carefully scrape the plating from any surface needing to be glued and apply the cement(glue) very sparingly...you just have to live with the seam.. <_< That was the problem I always had with the plated Hawk kits in the day...if the messaschtzels supercharger blower and racing exhausts had been chrome plated I would have used them on the build... :rolleyes:

Cheers,

ggc

Nice one GGC,

I'm doing the Funfdecker at the moment. Not one wing, now two or three but 5 in fact.

Good bit of fun.

I'd love to use the chrome parts untouched but it seems impossible to get a neat build with no seam lines. Any ideas on how to effectively glue the chromed parts and not lose that mirror finish?

Cheers Matty

HI Don't know if you ever thought of it but put the seam together very carefuly, fill and sand it and then cover it with BareMetal Foil. You may have to do a entire pannel to get it to look right.

Just my two cents.

Texas :rolleyes: <_< :rolleyes: