My modeling while insane "In progress" report. :)

mpk

Dale, I definitely see the difference between the metal finishes on your picts, but I think your finish on the AC is pretty damn good. Looks nicely weathered in my eyes. I think you should post some higher res picts.

Not sure why you're asking us about what's next?

Anywho, regarding the Montex residue...I used a toothpick to sorta pick at it then I follow up with some low-tack tape. That worked for me.

Dale, I definitely see the difference between the metal finishes on your picts, but I think your finish on the AC is pretty damn good. Looks nicely weathered in my eyes. I think you should post some higher res picts.

Not sure why you're asking us about what's next?

Anywho, regarding the Montex residue...I used a toothpick to sorta pick at it then I follow up with some low-tack tape. That worked for me.

Hi Shaka.

Mate I'm not sure either. I awoke at 4 am in considerable pain and have been taking my prescription of hydromorphone all day. 2 ml every 2 hours. I'm kinda out of it. Been like that since early morning. I did however manage to get the canopy done and painted the undercarriage panels. So the day has not been wasted. Just me. :)

I don't know if it shows in the posts I've made today or not. It's 12 times stronger than regular morphine. I try not to take it but today was too intense. Damned stuff plays havoc with one's, er, regularity? :D

60c9b52e68241b82e64d8ba448035e5f.jpg

Martin, mate...your models look so real mate! ;)

Thanks for the awesome pic's. I have a Frank sitting there waiting. It's got an Aires cockpit and resin wheels and exhausts and everything. :)

Right now I am just looking at my models in their bags.

Now I've learned how to use Alclad, I've been thinking of the future. Currently looking at my Hobby boss F84. I have the Colorado Portuguese aerobatic team decal sheet and the Eduard cockpit update.

The fellow who has the F84 WIP thread inspired me to look at it. :)

I find it enjoyable to simply look at the parts. :)

I've become kinda hooked on this modeling business. :D

There's so many wonderful pieces of inspiration here. Did you see jay's biplane build? Absolutely gorgeous. I didn't expect it when I went to check out his threads. I was actually looking for 109 builds. Then I saw that! Wow. 

You won't recognise these names, but this place is like a drum festival and Dennis Chambers, Vinnie Colaiuta, J.R. Robinson and Zach Danziger are all on the bill. :D

When I began taking lessons from Virgil Donati, I remember saying to him after a gig he played: "I want to go home and practice!":

He responded, 'Me too!' :D

When I start talking about drummers on my modeling thread, you know I'm out of it. :D

Hey guys.

Yesterday was a bit rough. I hope my posts were okay. I don't have a clear memory. It's going to take a few days for my body to recover from the shock. Today is a little better.

Thanks for putting up with me. I'll come back in a few days when things have settled down.

Your patience is greatly appreciated. :)

Dale- Looking good mano!

I noticed you mentioned students and martial arts.

Which system did you study?

Keep the posts coming......

THOR    :ninja:

I practiced 32 styles and qualified as a teacher in 17 and am a certified master of two. :)

I am as eclectic in martial arts as I am in music. And I had 28 full contact fights. 28 wins. No losses. I had two careers running in tandem. martial arts and drumming. I lost martial arts when I fractured my spine back in the late 90's. I can still drum and walk. I lost my musical career twice now. The first time I got it back. Unsure if it'll happen again. 

Some styles I enjoyed more than others. For quite some time I lived in a dojo. It was easier than having a flat because I was always going away on tour.

I miss martial arts. Not so much martial artists. :)

I prefer musicians generally. :)

Dale,

Your subjects to build are very interesting - I've never seen those markings before and they look really cool.  Hang in there with your meds but it is really good to see your continued (modeling and health) progress.  Your talents with the martial arts and music are inspiring and you are leading an interesting life.

Keep up the work and your posts!

Chris

Dale,

Your subjects to build are very interesting - I've never seen those markings before and they look really cool.  Hang in there with your meds but it is really good to see your continued (modeling and health) progress.  Your talents with the martial arts and music are inspiring and you are leading an interesting life.

Keep up the work and your posts!

Chris

I think you're making some really fantastic progress, mate! Keep it up.

Kev

Thanks you guys. The inspiration you provide humbles me greatly.

I taught drums on Saturday. As I mentioned here in the past, I do it more for the love of it than in order to make a living. as such I teach people who are in some difficulty. One such student is a kid with the same cancer as myself. I am worried about him. He often has to cancel due to the pain episodes he experiences. Much like mine last week. And what seems today also...

Nice kid. I hope he comes through it.

On the modeling front yesterday being Sunday saw various bits and pieces done to my 109's. Unsure if I can model today, but will try.

On a positive note, I managed to get my Harder and Steenbeck Infinity airbrush repaired. You may recall I bought it "new" and it never worked. Well it turns out the parts in it, such as the needles, were not even Harder and Steenbeck! I was totally ripped off.

However the person who imports the brand into Australia offered to repair it free of charge. All I had to pay for was parts. He then gave me a 10% discount and for just $62.00 it has all been repaired and will arrive at my door tomorrow.

Pretty cool. I will then have 4 airbrushes! Infinity, Iwata, Sparmax and Paasche Talon. :)

As for the martial arts. Not many photos exist of myself before I owned a mobile with a camera. So not many photos are in my possession. Not even band publicity shots. I was never keen about keeping them or sentimental. So there are only a few of me doing martial arts. Of around the 6 I own, this is a favourite. It's a technique I learned doing Tang soo do and Tae kwon do, called a Jumping sidekick. Take no notice of the white belt. It's my mate's spare uniform. I think I was around 19 or so and was already a second dan. I hope you like this blast from the past.

Jumping_Side_Kick1.jpg