F-4E Phantom 'pit (for Tamiya kit)

LSP_K2

also the CAM exhausts have the correct diameter

they are not available Chuck:

http://sierrahotelmodels.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4056973

Typical Sierra Hotel!!  If their products weren't so darn good (all of them) I'd blow them off as a supplier, but the quality is second to none.

Thanks,

Chuck

The Sierra Hotel exhaust set is the very best ever made and unlike Aires, they actually fit the kit.  Sierra Hotel is a frustrating vendor because they never have any stock, but it appears they do right now here:

http://sierrahotelmodels.webs.com/32700

BTW, the Avionix pit is quite good, but the fit is very tight so there will be lots of trimming and sanding to make it fit correctly. 

Cheers,

Chuck

Like almost everything else ever made by SH, it's not actually available. The few things they actually made were apparently only available to a select few at various US Nats.

Like almost everything else ever made by SH, it's not actually available. The few things they actually made were apparently only available to a select few at various US Nats.

I heard SH breed unicorns too, or so it's said. The range has a certain mythology in Europe.

Doesn't GT Resin make nicely detailed, sufficiently big, jetcans ?

Tony

What is the use to create a brand, build an Internet website, create masters, announce products and... for years never release anything else that some pre-productions items for some happy few...!?!

This puzzles me as most of the costs are before full-scale production! I do not understand why they do not subcontract production to a serious company in order to focus on master creation and reselling. A cornerstone of business activites is to focus on what you are good at and subcontract the rest to a reliable partner. I guess that the hobby aspect probably obfuscates the reasonable business approach.

Weird world in which there is probably no better way to frustrate potential customers... Hopefully, there are equivalent offers from other brands for most of their products.

What is the use to create a brand, build an Internet website, create masters, announce products and... for years never release anything else that some pre-productions items for some happy few...!?!

This puzzles me as most of the costs are before full-scale production! I do not understand why they do not subcontract production to a serious company in order to focus on master creation and reselling. A cornerstone of business activites is to focus on what you are good at and subcontract the rest to a reliable partner. I guess that the hobby aspect probably obfuscates the reasonable business approach.

Weird world in which there is probably no better way to frustrate potential customers... Hopefully, there are equivalent offers from other brands for most of their products.

Hi Thierry,

Your PM is full and I don't have your email.   Need to talk to you about a project.  garyhatherly@gmail.com or garyhatherly@gtresinproducts.com

Hope all is well,

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Typical Sierra Hotel!!  If their products weren't so darn good (all of them) I'd blow them off as a supplier, but the quality is second to none.

Thanks,

Chuck

Isn't SH run by one of our guys here, Chuck?

Viper Enforcer. There was a post some months ago regards their products being available from another manufacturer, hope so as their products are superb, but almost impossible to get hold of.

Thanks a bunch, Kag. I've had a few dealings with him before, but had forgotten his user name.

Yesterday I received a package from Gary at GT, the F-4 burner cans, and from what I can see, they're really quite nice. I also have another set coming (different manufacturer), so perhaps I can do a comparison between the two, plus reviewing this set, though that won't happen until it cools off a bit here.

6Oopcq.jpg

Kevin, I think that the Brassin exhaust nozzles could be slightly undersized in diameter... maybe. Can't wait to see your comparison! cheers

Possible, but I haven't measured anything yet, though I will (using my dime store calipers), as I do the comparison.

I think chuck made a 4 way compare in his f4 kicked up a knoch thread

I'll have to hunt that down, unless of course, you can provide a link.