Piper Super Cub floatplane (PA-18-150) "Popeye"

Zero77

Guest Peterpools

Ernie

Every Cub and Super Cub build brings back some of the best memories. I've lost count of how many Cubs I hand started on the line at Zahns back in the day...

Brakes on..

Switches Off ... Of course, there was just the one switch but for some reason, we always said switches - who knows why....

Pull the Big 65 Hp through a couple of times.

Switch On

Grab the prop, flick her down pretty quick and the Cub was purring away, ready to go. Just loved those Sensenich wooden props as compared to the aluminum McCauley props.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Thanks a lot guys ! That's very kind and motivating for my forthcoming builds. :)

however, one thing,... you need a painter on the prow of the left float, and a line on the D ring on the float itself, coiled and tied to the float riser. Not the spreader bar though. :)

Sorry for my english, Ernie, but i did not understand this sentence ! (especially painter and D ring).

:)

By the way, the paddle was simply OOB, i did not make anything special for that, just painted and glued it. It's a good kit. (and only costs a few bucks).

Edited by Zero77

Ernie

Every Cub and Super Cub build brings back some of the best memories. I've lost count of how many Cubs I hand started on the line at Zahns back in the day...

Brakes on..

Switches Off ... Of course, there was just the one switch but for some reason, we always said switches - who knows why....

Pull the Big 65 Hp through a couple of times.

Switch On

Grab the prop, flick her down pretty quick and the Cub was purring away, ready to go. Just loved those Sensenich wooden props as compared to the aluminum McCauley props.

Peter

That would be great to have quality true Cub kits, i mean just old Cubs, not Super Cubs...

Guest Peterpools

Nicolas,

Absolutely ... I would devote an entire shelf in the display case to Cubs, especially the one I flew so long. long ago

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Ernie

It's always great to learning something new, especially when it comes to Cubs and Super Cubs

Peter