jig stands any big benefit?

dashotgun

Any one has a contact with Vertigo guys? I ordered jig directly from their site two weeks ago, but has no contact from them since then. I was trying to reach them by email, but no response...

Best Regards,

Krzysztof

I ordered a biplane jig from the Vertigo website a couple of months ago. It took a couple of weeks until they sent it. I guess that they make the jigs to order. From order to arrival it took about four weeks. I was in no hurry and I did not mind waiting. The jig looks beautiful, well-worth the wait. 

HTH 

Radu

Don't forget to peel off the blue backing on the plastic. I've seen a couple glued together with the backing left on....

Do you mean with the plastic stand ? Mine came with a light green

square of thin sponge with no backing. Cut and glue your own strips.

I expected sticky back but it wasn't there.

Maybe I got jipped !  :o

;)

;)

Cutting and gluing the foam is all part of the DYI fun. I put mine together yesterday and it's in business right now. I think the stand is pretty slick.

Rick

;)

No, I meant the plastic itself is covered with a protective film, blue I think?

I've seen a couple built without taking it off first.

I ended up getting the plastic stand from umm.   horrible instructions and one of the included wing nuts was the wrong size.  It built up okay and  so far my   10 year old wip spit is sitting on it

I've dropped Paul an email to the address I had from when I ordered from him a couple of years ago.

Id be interested to see if you hear back. Nothing on my end from that e-mail I sent to him. I have a feeling that he is gone, and I fear the Kronos jig went with him. 

Id be interested to see if you hear back. Nothing on my end from that e-mail I sent to him. I have a feeling that he is gone, and I fear the Kronos jig went with him. 

I've almost finished sourcing the parts for a new one - it'll probably be somewhere between $50-$100, hopefully toward the lower end.

I can produce them for EU customers, perhaps I can pass the info so that an American can produce them for North American customers? That'll work out cheaper, as they can source parts without paying 20% VAT and the shipping will be less.

I've almost finished sourcing the parts for a new one - it'll probably be somewhere between $50-$100, hopefully toward the lower end.

I can produce them for EU customers, perhaps I can pass the info so that an American can produce them for North American customers? That'll work out cheaper, as they can source parts without paying 20% VAT and the shipping will be less.

Depending on final price point, I might even be interested in buying/having you send me one from across the pond. Also of course depending on shipping costs in the end as well, but if the weighted base is not included, and I source that elsewhere here, it might be realistic shipping from EU. 

Depending on final price point, I might even be interested in buying/having you send me one from across the pond. Also of course depending on shipping costs in the end as well, but if the weighted base is not included, and I source that elsewhere here, it might be realistic shipping from EU. 

I'll finish up the costing, weight the one I have to work out shipping, then I'll have a fairly accurate final price.

I'll finish up the costing, weight the one I have to work out shipping, then I'll have a fairly accurate final price.

that $50 - $100 price point is good for me, and if that can somehow be kept closer to the 50 mark, it might even be possible to keep everything including shipping under $100 depending on weight and what not. 

LMK, as Id be very interested in purchasing. 

I ended up getting the plastic stand from umm.   horrible instructions and one of the included wing nuts was the wrong size.  It built up okay and  so far my   10 year old wip spit is sitting on it

Some of the threads on the hardware were a bit rough, but cleaned up after a few twists. Nice unit overall. I ordered another. I always have more than one build kit going on.

Rick

that $50 - $100 price point is good for me, and if that can somehow be kept closer to the 50 mark, it might even be possible to keep everything including shipping under $100 depending on weight and what not. 

LMK, as Id be very interested in purchasing. 

Count me in as someone in the US who is also VERY interested in purchasing one of these since I have also not gotten a response from Paul at Kronos.

I did send a message this morning to Andy's Hobby HQ near Phoenix to ask about him, as they seem to have been connected in some way. Andy posted that review on YT a couple years back. We'll see if he responds.

Tim