Scale Aircraft Conversions Sopwith Camel Landing Gear

LSP_Kevin

Well,

I read and saw that some sets correct kit part deficiencies. Two cases jumping to my mind were the Squadron F-80 kit and possibly the Trumpeter Bearcat. However, 95% of their sets are just copies of the plastic parts! I'm also remembering a slight difference in the sets naming, something like correction rather than conversion.

The only time I got a set was to use copies of the Tamiya Spitfire gear legs on my Revell ex-Matchbox Seafire. In such a case, it makes sense even if I would have prefered plastic parts!

Thierry

Yes, there are a few sets that make changes from the original parts, but very few. In some cases they have really missed an opportunity, too. Case in point, the old Hasegawa BF2C kit. Could really have used a better detailed replacement there, but they just copied the kit parts.

I am still looking for a good candidate for weight testing but haven't picked one out yet.

I used SAC landing gear on my first 1/32 Tamiya Corsair build, they were greatly inferior to the kit parts in the end and a complete disaster. I rebuilt the landing gear with G-factor brass landing gear and the kit parts for the rear landing gear. The landing gear would gradually bend under the planes weight.

I will not use their product again without clear evidence that they have made their alloy substantially stronger. So far I have not read a positive review of their product as it pertains to 1/32 aircraft. I fundamentally do not trust their brand at this point as it pertains to landing gear. Maybe there is some other product they could make that would be useful but it does not appear to be this.

Edited by cbk57